Rick Eckert Fifth in ‘Gambler’s Classic’ in Atlantic City!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(YORK, PENNSYLVANIA) Rick Eckert kicked off his version of the 2007 racing season behind the wheel of a 600cc Microsprint at the famed Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey over the weekend. For the second straight season, Rick piloted an orange #24 Microsprint for the fifth annual 'Gambler's Classic,' which was painted to match his Raye Vest Racing Dirt Late Model. The York, Pennsylvania native won one of the 'Roaring 20s' on Friday evening, January 12 from the outside pole position to get the weekend started on a great note.

In the $6,000 to win 'Gambler's Classic' on Saturday night, Rick rebounded from an early incident with New Jersey Modified regular Mike Iles and a fifteenth starting spot to garner an impressive fifth place effort in the 40-lap main event on the 1/8-mile, concrete surface. The driver known as "Scrub" finished the popular indoor event behind winner Joey Payne, Lou Cicconi Jr., John Blewett III, and Mike Lichty. Eckert's teenage nephew Cody Darrah wound up finishing twenty-fourth in this year's version of the 'Gambler's Classic.'

“It was a fun weekend to do some indoor concrete racing, as well as spend some time with my nephew and his family,” commented Eckert today. “We had a good run to win one of the preliminary races on Friday, but I got caught up in an early incident in the feature that changed the way I had to drive the car. But, I got a better finish than I did last year, so I can’t complain at all about the weekend.”

Eckert’s pristine #24 Microsprint also took home a special recognition as the best appearing car out of the nearly 100 machines in attendance. In addition to his time spent at the racetrack, Rick also took time out of his busy schedule to sign autographs at the Motorsports 2007 Expo at the nearby Atlantic City Convention Center.

Rick and his Raye Vest Racing team will now return to work on their #24 Dirt Late Model program to get ready for the rapidly approaching 2007 racing season. The team will unload their Raye Vest / J&J Steel / Baker Carburetion #24 MasterSbilt / Cornett Ford Fusion for the first time in 2007 at the East Bay Raceway Park in Gibsonton, Florida from February 5-10.
After the annual 'Winternationals,' the team will then travel to the Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, Florida for six more nights of racing action on February 12-17. Rick will also open up the 360 OTC World of Outlaws Late Model Series campaign while at Volusia, as the series will host events at the Daytona Beach venue on February 15 & 17.

Rick would like to thank the following sponsors for their commitment to his race team: Raye Vest, J&J Steel, Inc., MasterSbilt Race Cars, Cornett Thunder, Eckert Trucking, S&S Mobile Power Wash, Diesel Pro, Ohlins, Arizona Sport Shirts, AT Lubricants, ATL Fuel Cells, Baker Carburetion, Bell Helmets, Bert Transmissions, Cizmar, Delph Communications, Driver X Gloves, Fastener Specialty Motorsports, DH Competition Decals by HIP, Hawk Brake Pads, Hoosier Tire, Hypercoils, Jay-Dee Supply, Jones Racing Products, Karcher, Kochel Equipment Co., Mahle, Manley Performance, Mason Racin', Motul Lubricants, Out-Pace Racing Products, Penn Kleen, Performance Bodies, Performance Friction, Petersen Aluminum, Peterson Fluid Systems, Quarter Master, Scott Performance Wire, Speed Dawg Performance Apparel, Tim Fitez Painting, Sunoco HCR Plus, Trick Race Parts, Weld Wheels, and Woodward.

The latest dirt on "Scrub" Rick Eckert can be found online at his official website, located at www.rickeckertracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications www.delphcommunications.com

Back