Rick matherlee of rjm racing passed away this morning

DIRTCHAMP77

We have lost another great person, friend, father, and husband along with being a hugh race fan. I loved every minute I spent with Rick at the shop and at the track. I will forever remember that smile on his face when won a race. Rick has been my best friend and buddy for the last 7 years. Rest in peace my dear friend. You will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to the Matherlee family.

Brandon Hogenson #77H 2010 RJM Racing at Belleclair Speedway 101.jpg

We are sorry to hear of this also, Rick was a great guy, always willing to help when someone needed it. He sponsored our race car during the time that we raced it, he was always willing to give an help that would be needed. He was definetly a very special person and as Brandon has said will be missed greatly. Rest in Peace our dear friend, we will miss you.. Thoughts and prayers for the family.. Bryan Slover and Connie

Sorry to hear this. I didnt talk to Rick much, but i know he helped out several different drivers in the area and was a big fan of racing. sorry to hear he is gone.

Rick Matherlee - 3/30/11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Matherlee, 61, of Kell Passed away Sunday Morning at Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was a graduate of Xenia, Ohio High School.

Visitation for Rick Matherlee will be held from six to eight Wednesday at the Osborn Funeral Home in Dix. Following the visitation, his body will be cremated. On line condolences may be made at www.osbornfuneralhomeinc.com.

Survivors include wife: Julie Hart of Kell, mother: Florence Matherlee of Kell, three sons: Jamey Matherlee and wife Tammy of Indianapolis, David Lashbrook and wife Stacie of Centralia and Danny Matherlee of Miami, Florida, two daughters: Angie Matherlee and Amy Matherlee both of Miami, Florida, four grandchildren: Ashlyn Lashbrook, Katie Lashbrook, Brandon Matherlee and Megan Matherlee, and by one sister: Tonia Shepherd of Ohio.

Back