Rookie here!!!

blewbyyou21

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some info about what kind of tires i need for my pure street i am building. I will be racing on a 3/8 oval clay track and i am running a 350 automatic 3 speed tranny with a 2.75 rear end gear ratio. I was wondering what size street tire i would need to match my setup. Any info would be appreciated. thank you

What are you running for shocks, What spring rates, can you run 8" wheels or do you have to run 7", Are you allowed to add wieght ? You need to take all this into consideration when you buy tires. As far as tire brand the best to by are Mastercrafts. They are a softer compound tire. Next would probably be Coopers or Firestone Firehawks.

Tire size needed

thanks for replying to my post. i am running either pro or afco stock mount racing shocks, 250 lb. 5"by13" spring in left rear, 225 in right rear, 7" wheels, and i am allowed to add weight. Does this info help you to tell me what kind of street tires i need to run for the pure street class?

235/75/15 On Front And Right Rear. 225/75/15 On LEFT Rear For Tacky Track, When It Slicks Off You Might Want To Run A 235 On The Left Rear. If It Is Really Black You Might Try Reverse Stagger(run 235 On Left Rear And 225 On Right Rear) This Works Really Good... Also Using Off Sets On Rear Will Help Adjust The Car....start With 2" Off Set On Right Rear On Tacky Track With A 4" Offset On Left Rear... Move The Right Rear In Towards The Car As The Track Slicks Off... You Can Move The Left Rear Out When It Slicks Off But I Never Liked To Move The Left Rear..it Freed Up The Car Too Much Getting Into The Corner With A 2" Offset On Left Rear.. Try Some Different Combos To See What The Car Likes And How You Like The Way The Car Feels..... I Would Go With The Mastercraft Avengers They Are A Great Tires........

Impressive Carl Edwards

:D Thought Carl Edwards drove a good "Busch"race" today. I think he is a very talented young driver from Mo. that we can all be proud of. Coming up fast like Jamie Mcmurray did. Think Mo. grows a good crop "of Nascar Drivers"

hey 21

Rudy's info is pretty much on for what we run in our pure street class. We went to asphalt take-offs this year, but the advice he gave is good. It might not hurt to print it out if you are new to basic set-ups.. It would really help to have your car scaled professionaly, to overcome the learning curve blues, and save yourself a but load of cash.

Back