Ross Camponovo Romps To Second At Columbus; PRO Opener This Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Clarksdale, Mississippi (03/09/10) – “The Big Boss” Ross Camponovo finally shook the early season monkey off his back on Saturday night as he powered his #18 R.C. Motorsports/Rocket/RPM Racing Engine Super Late Model to a second place finish at Columbus Speedway.

Ross returned to action on Saturday night as he traveled to Columbus Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi for the 2010 season opener at the facility. Eighteen Super Late Models entered the event, and Ross blazed to the third fastest qualifying time, which earned him the third starting spot for the 25 lap feature. As the event got underway, Camponovo raced past Jay Burchfield to take over the second spot as he set his sights on the leader, Rick Rickman. Despite having a good car, Ross's car was not quite as good as the leader Rickman, and would chase him for the entire feature. When the checkered flag fell, Ross was credited with a very solid second place finish.

“After having crazy mechanical failures the past few races, I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to finish another race. Man it feels good to have such a strong run, and I just hope we can have another one at Columbus next week,” commented Camponovo.

This Saturday, March 13th Ross will return to Columbus Speedway for the inaugural event for the newly formed Promoters Racing Organization (P.R.O.) Super Late Model tour. Ross has plans to run for the P.R.O. tour championship and his pursuit will begin with the Columbus event. For more information on the event, please visit www.ColumbusSpeedway.net and www.ProDirtCarSeries.com .

Ross and RC Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Camponovo Farms, Young Farms, Marion Towing, Edwards Farm & Flying Service, RPM Racing Engines, Elam Race Cars, GRT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, MSRMafia.com, and Xtreme Race Graphics.

For more information on RC Motorsports, please visit www.RCMotorsports18.com .

Back