Round Up & Mod Race Updates

The Talker Guy

The Talker Guy
Just talked to Ray, if the weather does not cooperate Thursday, they are considering using Sunday as a rain date for the Round Up.

Kenny's mod show on Saturday, Oct. 24th will definitely use Sunday, October 25th as a rain date. Again, if needed.

The Wall of Doors will be a featured attraction at the Round Up. I have not seen it but Schrader said it is one of the best. Anyone have pics to post?

TTG/MM

I looked on the schedule and there isn't anything on friday or saturday about hotlaps. Are they not running hotlaps on friday or saturday?

Ray said on the phone today, as long as thursday goes as planned there will not be hotlaps friday or saturday, unless the carcount is low like last year.

i hope this is what you are talking about
IMG_0001.jpg

The last scheduled race in the area and the weather could be a player again. I-55 Raceway would race on a Sunday!!!????? That has not happened that I can remember since some time in the 90's.

That is a lot of TV events to compete with, but there are a lot of race fans that want one last live racing event to attend. Hopefully the weather will change between now and then.

Looks like by looking outside right now you might want to push it back just for the Heck of it. Push it back to Sunday and let everone get there money's worth. There are some people coming from far away. Hopefully it will dry out soon. It's no fun if no fans show up.

I say if thursday is too wet just say owell about practice and go straight to racing on friday. I myself am ok with sunday but I am sure that many wouldnt be. Some may use sunday as a travel day home. Others attend church, family functions, and like another said other sporting events. Could cause a low fan and car count. JMO

Tom

sun.

some people that have to drive 3 or 4 hours can not race on sun and work on monday
just the way it is

Ya some times you got to make a dession. Some will win and some will lose. Can't make em all happy. Starting to look like a wash out anyway.

Back