Rule #6

pwracing

Rule #6 on engines states that cylinder heads will be Ford for Ford chassis and Chevy to Chevy, then why do you guys let a Pontiac head be used on a Chevy chassis. Would it have something to do with who the tech. person is in relation to the person who has the vehicle?

It would have something to do with the fact the 2.5L is a Pontiac motor DUMB A$S. Do you not think GM uses the same motor in more then one of its brands. I think since GM put a Pontiac motor in a Chevy S-10 we should outlaw all these damn S-10s.
And as I said before the same thing is legal for everyone (there is or will be 3 of them running soon all compliments of ME) so take you crap some where else.
And I have 1 more PONTIAC Super Duty head for sale by the way $1,000.00 takes it!!!!!!!!!

Some people leave cause they cant afford it some cause they cant drive a 4-cyl. But we have a great car count and lots of winners, Mels happy with the class the fans are liking the Rams more and more. As I said before if this is the result great, thats what I wanted to see.

Smokingjoe,

There is even a dual overhead cam head for the Pontiac four cylinder. It makes about 100 hp more than those supposedly "legal" Pontiac Superduty heads.

Also, Kansas Racing Products http://www.kansasracingproducts.com manufactures an inline four cylinder block that uses a V-8 small block head...GM, Ford or Mopar. The block has an approved GM part number, 10093306 and a Ford approved part number, M-6010-B180.

So, according to you, the dohc head and KRP engines should be legal too correct?

Can I come play too? :D :D :D

Gerry Dedonis

Attachments

• SD-Cosworth DOHC 1.jpg
    SD-Cosworth DOHC 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 337
  • SD-Cosworth DOHC 2.jpg
    SD-Cosworth DOHC 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 300
  • SD-Cosworth DOHC 3.jpg
    SD-Cosworth DOHC 3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 413
  • SD-Cosworth DOHC 4.jpg
    SD-Cosworth DOHC 4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 547
  • SD-Cosworth DOHC 5.jpg
    SD-Cosworth DOHC 5.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 332
  • krp engine photo  JPEG Format.jpg
    krp engine photo JPEG Format.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 266
Kansasracingproducts got the contract to continue the Pontiac 4cyl racing program from GM. They are who you have to contact on most of what you might want for such an endeavor. It tells you such in the GM performance manuals. It also tells you that the head in question is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, in other words , it was never intended for use on a factory vehicle and was never put on a factory vehicle and therefore not a prodution part. If they want to continue on this, I believe you should come and play with them and show them what 4cyl. performance is all about!!!

I had a Cosworth twin cam head with injection and computer (out of a IMSA/Spice GT Fiero) came on a whole motor I bought, I resold the head on eBay last year. The rules state no dual over head cams so that ones not legal. And I know all the set ups for the super duty I have several of them. Got a 10045437 head for sale even. Also another SD block that needs a repair, the good steel crank, a real SD intake, custom race pan the uses an external 3 stage pump and a lot of other stuff. Anyone wants to go fast in a GM let me know 314-520-6450.

pwracing said:
...It also tells you that the head in question is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, in other words , it was never intended for use on a factory vehicle and was never put on a factory vehicle and therefore not a prodution part..../QUOTE]

pwracing,
Yep, my point EXACTLY. The Pontiac Superduty-4 heads are (were) NOT manufactured as an OEM part and were NEVER installed on ANY automobile or truck built by GM for street use. The Superduty-4 heads were cast by Brodix for the GM Performance Parts Division of General Motors.

If these heads are considered to be legal then a Kansas Racing Products engine or Esslinger heads for Ford Lima engines should be legal too. Correct?

I understand the ORIGINAL intent of the RAMS organization was to offer an affordable (if there is such a thing in racing :D ) class of four cylinder-powered Mini Stocks and Mini-Trucks. Pontiac Superduty-4 cylinder heads...or any other non-OEM component specifically manufactured for competition purposes, should be closely examined before being approved.

Gerry Dedonis

Thank you very much, Gerry, for your expertise in this area. I knew a little about the Pontiac 4cyl, program, but I was not aware that Brodix was the ones who manufactured that head. I guess we are never to old to learn something new!!! Did Brodix manufacture any thing else we might be able to run in the RAMS class? These guys might want to use some of their other parts as well!!!

KSGerry said:
pwracing said:
...It also tells you that the head in question is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, in other words , it was never intended for use on a factory vehicle and was never put on a factory vehicle and therefore not a prodution part..../QUOTE]

pwracing,
Yep, my point EXACTLY. The Pontiac Superduty-4 heads are (were) NOT manufactured as an OEM part and were NEVER installed on ANY automobile or truck built by GM for street use. The Superduty-4 heads were cast by Brodix for the GM Performance Parts Division of General Motors.

If these heads are considered to be legal then a Kansas Racing Products engine or Esslinger heads for Ford Lima engines should be legal too. Correct?

I understand the ORIGINAL intent of the RAMS organization was to offer an affordable (if there is such a thing in racing :D ) class of four cylinder-powered Mini Stocks and Mini-Trucks. Pontiac Superduty-4 cylinder heads...or any other non-OEM component specifically manufactured for competition purposes, should be closely examined before being approved.

Gerry Dedonis

Outstanding information Gerry. We greatly appreciate your input on the subject and yes you are right, this is a class that was started with economy on the mind. Of course we wanted the cars/trucks to be made and set-up more as actual race vehicles so it would be a great starter class, but we don't want it getting out of hand. That's why each year we've had to "tweak" the rules a little more and a little more. So that's why great information like you provided is so valuable.

Apparently you don't know the definition of OEM. It stands for original equipment manufacturer (Pontiac is one by the way in case your confused!!!!!!) and does not stand for what was installed stock on any vehicle. And part #10045437 is a genuine Pontiac part number.
An example of a non OEM part would be something manufactured by Eslinger. Read the rule and then get the dictionary to help understand!!!!!!

The original manufacturer of that head is Brodix not Pontiac, but as usual you will read into this whatever you want. The point is that head is illegal and should forever stay that way for a class such as this...

by the way, rule#6 says, must be a stock part from the manufacturer, not that it must be an OEM part, in case you are confused!

WOW!!!! so it is not only the rearend that is not legal, it is the motor too!!!!!!! And he is the tech inspector??

smokingjoe said:
Apparently you don't know the definition of OEM. It stands for original equipment manufacturer (Pontiac is one by the way in case your confused!!!!!!) and does not stand for what was installed stock on any vehicle. And part #10045437 is a genuine Pontiac part number. An example of a non OEM part would be something manufactured by Eslinger. Read the rule and then get the dictionary to help understand!!!!!!

smokingjoe,
Using your logic means that an engine block produced by Kansas Racing Products, licensed by GM or Ford and having THEIR approved part number (GM10093306 or Ford M-6010-B180) fitted with a small block V-8 head (also having a GM or Ford part number) is legal by YOUR interpretation of the RAMS rules.

And yes, heads produced by Esslinger for Ford Lima engines DO carry a part number approved by Ford. However, it is a FORD RACING part number and NOT an OEM part number.

Simply having a company's logo (Ford, GM, Mopar, etc.) and having their approved part number does not necessarily make a component OEM.

Gerry Dedonis

Back