Rumors for '04

CHEWIN_DIRT

one six MAFIA
Like I said...here is some stuff floatin around...take it for what it is worth. It's that time of year again:

Brad White will be in a UMP A-Mod
Billy Laycock is done with Masterbilt, and will have 2 Rayburns.
Kyle Logue will be hired by Billy Moyer Racing.
Steve Grotz is out of the A-Mod, and into a Late Model.
Burwell will become Rodney Melvin's teammate under Rick Heck.
Bloomquist is gettin' a new Rayburn...naming it "Bloomburn."
John Crouch will have a Steel Block late model at Belleville and Mt. Melvin.
Modoc Speedway will pay next year's Street Stock World Champion...$20,000.

Any other rumors floatin around the mill???

Another rumor is that one of the area's tracks will be paying SB Late Models $750 to win and Sportsman $400 to win. The increased payout and tweaking of some rules has gotten the attention of several racers from other tracks who are looking for a new place to call home on Saturday nights.

Come on Doug,,spill your freaking guts about Tri-City ,,,you KNOW you KNOW!!!!So spill it man,,,will they be running B Mods next year or not?

If Doug is speaking the truth (and of course he is!), Tri-City will have a buttload of Sportsman there on every Saturday.

$400 to win is VERY nice. Hope the pay down is good and the rules aren't "too" binding. Some of those Godfrey guys would love to come over for that much.

$750 for Steel Blocks ain't bad, either. Might be able to get higher late model counts.

Has Wente won the lottery???
No NASCAR for '04, right???

Brent Kreke in a new Mastersbilt. Keeps one Rayburn also.

Jack Pugh to make the jump at Fair this year.

Leon Rakers goes to work for Earl Baltes.

Burwell is absolutley not going to be rodney melvins teamate, but if you still want to believe that, go right ahead.

Jimmy Cummins is going to race at 15 different tracks next year and win a feature at Brownstown.

Chris the sausage Smith is racing a modifeid at Belleville this year.

WOW..Vanessa...tell it like it is girl!!!:eek: :D :D

Couple more floatin' around:

John Gill will return to his old ride...2004 Rocket House Car.

Bloomer has ordered a Pierce Modified for the $100,000 to win Nextel Mod Shootout @ Batesville.

Kyle Logue will be hired by Billy Moyer Racing.

in time :)but i dont think in o4 but he will be soon

as much as I hate to say it, i heard from someone saturday about the Melvin & Burwell thing! Did anyone see the heck boys car with the 27 and rent1 on it?

Leave me out of that one!!
I'll bet Al was laughing about that one. Hey Al, have you gotten off the floor yet?

I knew as soon as I replied, you'd be on me!!
So is it true that you guys are going MasterSbilt?

The Big One

First Fredericktown Raceway is going to buy out Doe Run. Then St. Francois County is going to buy out Fredericktown. Right before they close forever, Benton buys Farmington, but then it reverts back to the previous owners. I-55 then decides they've had enough of everything and buys SFCR which of course owns Fredericktown and Doe Run. Larry Minkel then buys out Ray Marler and he and Kenny Schrader form a new partnership after Gary Montgomery takes over Fredericktown and Doe Run as his part in the buyout. Gary then gets ambitious and reopens Benton, but coverts it to the area's largest go-kart track. When that fails he decides to race NASCAR at Benton and move the Late Models to SFCR to join the already overloaded sprint car field. Gary then gives Doe Run back to Bob Johnson and closes Fredericktown to make a mobile home park out of it. Before that can happen Joey Montgomery decides he would like to try his hand at being a promoter and keeps Fredericktown open so he and his friends will have a place to party on Friday nights, other than Jacksonville. Feeling leftout, Denny Keith tries to open a new track at Ironton, but is closed down before it can open by the old port-a-pottie company claiming he still owes them $15.28 from the previous time he operated the Fredericktown Raceway. It's about this time Ray Marler feels like he's been screwed and decides to open a mega track facility that will run all of the other area tracks out of business, including all the ones in Illinois! Mel Kinnaird decides that's not going to happen because he doesn't want Marler to have that much power so he buys out the "new" track at Poplar Bluff (remember Keith Adamson), joins UMP and tells everyone else they are all illegal because they are in his "zone" and cannot race those cars. This causes all the other promoters to form a barricade around MCS and not allow any cars into his track there and the one at Poplar Bluff never opens. That's when Trashdog goes into business for himself, opens a chain of fast food restaurants geared at frustrated racers and race fans and runs all the area tracks out of business!!! THIS WILL HAPPEN IN 2004!!:D

Millsey you got way to much time on your hands:D

here is a good one

WHEEL21 will drive a ford for 2004 :D sorry bill couldn't resits

or better yet Millsey will hang up his annoucer microphone and start driving a Montstinger built PINTO wagon and win the 2004 RAMS championship!!!!!!!:D :p :D

well you don't have to worry about me driving a ford in 2004.:D :D

But I would think about putting a 2300 in my truck if we could. :eek:

Back