Running Illegal

FAN OF 43

"UnderDog"
I thought that if you were caught running illegal you lost all your points, i.e. Chris Smith. From what he said, he had an illegal intake. If I recall correctly, weren't the #8 and #18 DQ'd for illegal rocker arms at Pevely two weeks ago? Why didn't they lose their points? I thought any motor part cost you your total points. (items, such as weight infractions, cost you just the race points) Can someone shed some light?

Mike

The rules weren't clear on the rocker arms, it stated you must run a production size rocker arm or something to that extent. They were running a 1.6 and they showed proof that Chevrolet used the 1.6 rocker arm on the 1997 Corvette.

Since the rule wasn't clear, the 8 and 18 won their appeal. The rules were clarified and now you must run a 1.5 rocker now.

So you can run 1.6 rockers off a 97 corvette with an all aluminum motor and get away with it because you threaten to sue allied.

Another thing I was informed that allied was not suppose to take your points for the year because they could not prove how long you were illegal. This came from a board member to so it should be true but like I said in another recent post allied makes their rules as the night goes on.

smith55 said:
So you can run 1.6 rockers off a 97 corvette with an all aluminum motor and get away with it because you threaten to sue allied.

No, they were allowed to keep their points because they won an appeal on the decision. They were able to prove that according to the rules at the time, they were within them. However, they can no longer run a 1.6 rocker. They must be 1.5.

I thought this thread already said that pretty clear.

just my thoughts on the matter

i was not there nor do i go to pevely but my question is are thay running a XX year vette then in my eyes it would be against the rules but like i said i was not there so dont really know what happend i just seen this and had to say it

dont know how the rule reads but.. if it says something like stock production size/length/ ratio rocker arms are allowed/must be used,then the 1.6 was legal. again,depends on the printed word.looks like somebody did their homework very well.racers are a clever bunch,aren't they? hehe.

smith55 said:
Another thing I was informed that allied was not suppose to take your points for the year because they could not prove how long you were illegal. This came from a board member to so it should be true but like I said in another recent post allied makes their rules as the night goes on.

To me if you are illegal then you should lose all points no matter what its the chance ya take when ya screwing the other drivers so to speak so ya Smith the 2 you are referring to technically were not illegal but you were so live with it !!

Back