Ryan Eilers

people are saying he had illegal trailing arms on the rear end. either way he ran one hell of a race so kudos to him and crew on a good feature win

He had swedge tubes and hiems for lower control arms. The tech man and a board member said it was illegal but Mr. Hoener said that it had no performance advantage. So I guess anything u think don't have a performance advantage is now legal for allied! Kinda makes u feel stupid for supporting something that don't support u! I do know 1 thing 4 sure I will have mine on friday!

yup.them thar swedge tubies is what made the kid just drive arround the rest of the field,, NOT,,the car had been through tec several times and passed each time and the wheel base was correct and when there is a somewhat open show regarding rule interpration things like this will happen..what is allowed on a normal night is not the same on a special..but then this is stlracing and posters will bash the kid instead of congradulating him on a job well done....

its says plain as day that AARA rear suspension rules apply. Len nobody said that he can't drive. Definately the fastest car out there last night. Congrats to Ryan. Allied needs to quit bending the rules. If any of us allied cars would of known that we can run swedge tubes and heims on the rear lowers, we would of. if it doesn't have an advantage, then why do highland cars run them? Another thing is why does Allied even have a tech guy, if what he says doesn't matter. jmo Ryan

What is ur interpretation of stock and swedge tubies?
yup.them thar swedge tubies is what made the kid just drive arround the rest of the field,, NOT,,the car had been through tec several times and passed each time and the wheel base was correct and when there is a somewhat open show regarding rule interpration things like this will happen..what is allowed on a normal night is not the same on a special..but then this is stlracing and posters will bash the kid instead of congradulating him on a job well done....

I did not say anything of whats stated above. I did let the win stand! Any racer that was there that would like to discuss this with me my # is 636-288-2716.

First off congrats to Ryan Eilers on the win last night. The kid is good and deserved to get that win!

Next thing is the rules.....Wow imagine that!!!! now was this the difference between winning and losing. Not at all. But once again whats the point of the rules book now? If we were running by fall national rules or AARA rules then this is not legal. Kinda like the floor board rule in the pure stocks. Say it has to go to the rear hump in front of the rear tires. If it is cut off before then you are illegal and need to get it in. Is that a performance advantage? Heck no but it is a AARA rule. Last night if the tech guy says it is illegal and one other board member says its illegal then why is it overturned then by yet another? Good job tech on sticking to it but then they get over turned by someone else. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Last year at the rules meeting many people asked if we could run the swedge tube lowers and AARA said absolutley not! So what changed? Answers please? Ya cant keep bending the rules for others bc all ur going to do is stir up stuff like this. As i have also stated above this is not what made him so fast. Ryan is a very good driver and i like Ryan. So dont think i am saying this bc of who it is. This is all about the rules. Rules are rules and the rules were broken and then let go. Gotta watch out AARA bc people remember this kinda stuff.

Now just remember when people show up this weekend with the swedge tube lowers then they better not be DQ'ed!!!

i have nothing against letting the win stand. Do i think that he should be dq'd, definately not. Do i think that this helped him win, not at all. i just want to know if i show up at belleville or pevely on a regular night, will they be legal to race?

Then why in the Hell were they ok last night??????????? This was a AARA show last night with Fall National rules!!!!! Clearly states it in the rules!!!! Wow is all i can say!

How can a part be legal one night and not the next? If there is no advantage on a Tuesday and allowed, how can there be an advantage on a Friday and not allowed?

Hey Unlimited we were LEGAL for 4 years and for the first night at I55 this year and now guess what we ARE NOT legal anymore! You know what all you guys need to do is stick together and not support them for a couple nights and then they will quit this crap! But everyone will still load up their cars and go to belleville on friday and to I 55 on saturday and take their screwing and go home! START STICKING TOGETHER!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way congrats to Ryan!!!!!!!
Stacie

Just my 2 cents, Congats to Ryan. They always say they want this class to stay around and keep it somewhat money friendly for us, its cheaper to run hiems and swedge tubes than the stock lowers with the monoballs. Just my opinion. Also, we have been following this series from the start and I thought it was extreme rules so shame on us. Probably them to.

I understand why the swedge tubes are run, easier and faster to replace or fix, but they can also be adjusted and used as a tuning tool. Not saying that was done, do not even care. My question is this was discussed at the rules meeting and everyone was told not allowed stock arms only. If they say there is no advantage can we change anything in any class as long as there is NO ADVANTAGE, or we have an offical that agrees with us and takes our side, even though the tech man that gets paid to check this stuff says it is illegal? Just wanting some clarification on this.

Just need a couple of questions answered.
Was it an Allied show?
Is it written in the Allied rules book that these parts are not allowed??
If the answer to both of these questions is yes then it should have been DQ'd whether it is an advantage or not.

Most tracks are wondering why they are losing competitors and fans?
I'm sure this has a LOT to do with it.

i will say it is cheaper if your starting from scratch, but allied cars already have the monoballs. (most anyways) Who do we sell these monoballs to? The big thing here is Allied setting the rules, and not following them. i have the flyer right here AARA rear suspension rules apply. its kinda like a few weeks ago, when nobody teched the allied cars that went to highland, and ran their triple disc clutches.

Back