(Salem,IL) Marion Co. Fair $150 plus to win

JEracersdad

MEMBER THE TIME WHEN I...
Just wanted to start gettin the word out.
Once again they will be having a kart race at the fair. They considered last year a pretty good success, and hope to make this year go a little better.
This year..flat track..no stock animals..good scale..more tech..Mo money!
Marion Co. Fair Grounds (Salem, IL.)
Wed. July 30,2008
Gates open @ 5pm, Hot Laps @ 6:30, Races start @ 7pm
Pill draw ends @ 6:30
WKA & IKF rules apply
$150 plus to Win All Classes (with min. 6 karts)
with 100% payback (halfway back)
Otherwise 100 % payback halfway back
General Addmission (bleachers) $5, Reserve seat (Sadium style seat) $7
Pitpass $10
Entry Fee $15 (Total $25 goes toward 100% payback)
Classes are:
Rookie purple plate 265#
Junior Gold plate 300#
Lights 325#
Medium 350#
Heavy 375#
Open class (2cycle-4 cycle) #to be det. ?
I think we had 34 karts last year..some entered twice also. Hope to have a good turn out again. Like to help keep spreadin the word about karting and maybe draw in a few more racers or at least fans.

Thanks to all who came last year. Hope to see you all again.
Any questions feel free to write me here or call me at 618-237-1428.
Thanks and good luck to all, Mike E.

age rules

Sorry, not sure of age rules. I'll have to check with Phil or someone and let ya know.

Thanks, Mike

P.S. Thanks for the help rescue flagger

I will be there running in the lights its my home track pretty pumped about this agian last year was FUN! and make sure everyone tells k-dawg to watch out for the hay bells this year unlike last year ha ha jk kurt!!!!

weight in the outlaws

when do you think you will have a post on the outlaw weight? and do you have a address for the fair grounds? thanks

outlaws

Last year we only had one outlaw, and about 3 or 4 2 strokes, and we just put the outlaw with the 2 strokes.
So this year we just planned to put them together again, unless we get enough of each.
I would really like to hear from you guys as far as what you want, and what weights would be fare.
The guys last year just worked it out thereselves, because we had some bigger guys running against lighter guys.
If you all have ideas let me know.

Mike
www.marioncountyagfair.org

I am hoping to bring my oldest boy with me this time, along with the baby sitter lol. I think my son would love to be there. I'm going to fix him up with and armband and turn him loose with the sitter on the midway with all the rides lol.

Are they going to make a flat track this year? Seams like outlaws ran normal 360lbs,same as Bedrock & JYI.Andy is right,outlaws on that bullring is crazy!:eek:Take plenty of ice & water,there's no shade trees.

Back