Saturday night at Pevely

hartman343

hartman343
Staff member
Forget about the Amped soda, lets talk about a awesome night of racing!! There was some good door to door racing in all the classes from the Pro 4's to the Lates. I know the track was slicking over but the racing was still 3 and 4 wide. There was a few cautions but they were kept to a minimal and was cleaned up real quickly.
Oh, and for the people that left after the late model race, shame on you. The mod race was one of the best races i have seen in long time. I know the zero car (hancock?, was pitted next to him) had a worked up a lead and kenny rumble was gaining but from 3rd place back was all door to door and 3 and 4 wide. Had a good crowd (from what i could see from the infield) weather was awesome, and the track wasnt dusty.
All in all a good night, I finally got to watch a driver by the name of Jimmy Cummins(sp?#19 sportsman), i have heard so much about him, but everytime i seen the green and black car, i kept thinking of choclolate chip cookies :D. Who cares about some free soda, it wouldnt taste right without some dirt in it anyway:p. after watching the racing saturday night its makin me even more antsy to get my mod done and back out on the track.

I agree the track was smooth and a not as wet as the last couple of weeks, which made for some awesome racing, I hope they keep the track the same for the rest of the year.

Forget about the Amped soda, lets talk about a awesome night of racing!! There was some good door to door racing in all the classes from the Pro 4's to the Lates. I know the track was slicking over but the racing was still 3 and 4 wide. There was a few cautions but they were kept to a minimal and was cleaned up real quickly.
Oh, and for the people that left after the late model race, shame on you. The mod race was one of the best races i have seen in long time. I know the zero car (hancock?, was pitted next to him) had a worked up a lead and kenny rumble was gaining but from 3rd place back was all door to door and 3 and 4 wide. Had a good crowd (from what i could see from the infield) weather was awesome, and the track wasnt dusty.
All in all a good night, I finally got to watch a driver by the name of Jimmy Cummins(sp?#19 sportsman), i have heard so much about him, but everytime i seen the green and black car, i kept thinking of choclolate chip cookies :D. Who cares about some free soda, it wouldnt taste right without some dirt in it anyway:p. after watching the racing saturday night its makin me even more antsy to get my mod done and back out on the track.

Wow, an actual thread about the racing Saturday night, I almost fell out of my chair! :)

Did someone say something about cookies? :D :D

Cookies for Pevely?

If my son, Jimmy Cummins, ever wins a Feature at Pevely (he never has won a Feature there in all the years he's been racing at I-55 :() I will bake up a double, or even a triple batch of my now famous "Race Track Chocolate Chip Cookies" for everyone who comes to his pit area. I promise! :D :D

I've made cookies for opening night and Heat race wins at Pevely, but am still waiting for that super special Feature race win! Hopefully one of these nights! :D :D

Green is so good!

I much prefer the color "Green" on the color selection, but I like the way you think, jmcgrew47. You used "Lime", but that works for me, too. "YellowGreen" is also good. "SeaGreen" will also work, as well as "Teal". Don't you just love Jimmy Dearing's colors of GREEN?

Debbie, Its IRISH Green :D kelly green! heather green! I sport my green every day. Green eyes that is.. hehehehe
Sorry we missed the cookies Friday night. Papa Drew was working MIDNIGHTS...yuk. hate um! He is on days this week so, we will see you Friday if Mama Nature is kind!

We have raced at Pevely twice this year and the track & racing has been the best I have seen in years! When it's "smooth & slick" you have a great show!!
Keep up the good work!! Steve:)

Back