Saturday Night Speedway!!

Bud_Man_8

Just downloaded the demo to my grandmas computer...and its got B!TCHEN graphics...cant ask for nothin more.....LATE MODELS at I-55....people it cant get any better than this!!!...for 20 dolla ya cant go wrong!!!!

www.bhmotorsports.com this is where i found the demo

man

i just played the demo! it is awesome!!!!! it says it's release date was the 9th so i wonder where to get it at? this game is going to be like gold, which means it's gonna be hard to find prolly. cause so many people want it. i'llg et one though! cant wait!

GAMESTOP IN THE FAIRVIEW HGTS. MALL. I HAVE A COPY ON HOLD AS SOON AS IT GETS RELEASED. WAS GOING TO BE OUT THE 10TH BUT THEY HAVEN'T GOT IT YET.. POSSIBLE IN A WEEK FOR SURE. YOU CAN PAY 5 BUCKS TO PRE-PURCHASE ONE AT THAT STORE AND THEY CALL AS SOON AS IT COME IN. GREAT STORE TO GET THE GOODS BEFORE THEY ARE GONE..

Originally posted by dirt hound
the real tracks are very good but what's up with icy condtions and road courses

Are you saying they have ice on the dirt with some of the races? Thats a weird way to make it, but probably very challenging though.

The icy conitions and road couses are only fantasy tracks that you unlock. Sprint Cars 2002 was made by the same company and it had them. Can't wait for this one. I've wanted a latemodel game on PS2 ever since it came out.:D :D :D

Got my copy today..electronics boutique at the alton mall got them. Ill let everyone know how it is.

SNS Review by Q!

If you download the game online you can actually purchase the full version online as well. The demo that was released has all the files for the full version but will only allow you access to the game for 1 hour to try it out. Then you must purchase a code to be entered into the registration page that will unlock the entire game without having to buy it in the store. In otherwords, if you have a credit card you can be racing as soon as you download the 254mb file.

I have the full version and have been playing it all evening. I've got mixed feelings about this. My online racing started with Ratbag's DTRSC and DTR. Later came DTR2 and WoO. I've always been a fan but never considered the Ratbag releases to be what most consider a "simulation" game. More so, this is just a game.

The physics in SNS, although much better than any other game besides WoO, are far from realistic. I really enjoyed the physics in WoO and these seem to be very similar. The only thing is that the speeds at many of the tracks are far off reality. I was turning 12 second laps at I-55 in the street stock cars. We've got late models that struggle to turn those times for real.

Another thing I find frustrating is the setup page. Very similar to WoO again but just too simple in my opinion. Maybe I'm spoiled with what Papy gave us in Nascar 2k3 Season, which I consider the best simulator made to date.

The street stock model is much like any other that we've seen in prior Ratbag releases, but this time they only gave us a Camaro body to play with. The midgets are by far my favorite model in the game and in my opinion the most fun to drive. I'm not sure how accurate the lap times are but you sure seem like you're flying. And I believe that the midgets probably have the most accurate physics in regaurds to handling. I'm still disappointed in the late models physics and appearance. They are a step up from what we've seen in the past, but still a far cry from what we see at the real Saturday Night Speedways!

There are also some graphic issues in the game. Seems they have some problems with alpha channels on the lighting in particular. If you look you'll see a big box around the lights on the track. I think these are supposed to fade to a complete transparency but don't for some reason. Oh well, just turn down the graphics options and I'm good to go.

Overall I like the game though. Although somewhat unrealistic with the fantasy tracks and "super physics" the game is fun to play and visually pleasing with a few minor flaws. I'm still disappointed in the late models, but hey, what do you expect from a bunch of Aussie's that have probably never had the luck to see our American boys play with the big toys.

If you've got some spare time, and $20.00 to waste I recommend purchasing the newest game from Ratbag and Atari. Go have some fun at I-55 in something other than sprintcars!!!!!!

P.S. Strictly my views and no one else's. Just thought I'd give some insight from my perspective to those who might not feel comfortable downloading a 254mb file for a game they may or may not like.

Yes..i agree with qwaynick...midgets are by far..the best..and most accurate to date dirt track car made for a game. Car rolls..moves..and acts like the chassis is actually working. The late models..and bombers..well..seem stiff. And act stiff. if you got sprint car..and old dirt track 2..this game not much better..except for the midgets..which..rock! I hope..1 day..these companies can sit a real dirt track driver down and ask..ok..how can we make this as real as possible..show me what your car does.

Back