Saturday Night Tribute

show_stopper

Crewmember of the Blur
I just thought I would pass on, we plan on bringing our American Flag with us to the track Saturday night and will carry it during track prep time etc. In case anybody else wanted to, it might look pretty cool with the cars out there displaying the ol Red, White, and Blue.

Great idea!

Special ceremonies will be held at Belle Clair and I-55 tonight and tomorrow night to remeber those who lost their lives on 9-11, the soilders who have died fighting for freedom since 9-11, and the men & women who protect our country and continue to fight for freedom overseas as a result of 9-11.

We cannot forget. We will not forget.

TTG/MM

Amen TTG!!! Nice thought. I am sure the other tracks have nice things planned also. A day I will never forget. As always our thoughts and prayers are with all the Service Men and Women and their families and friends of our MILITARY and the people of 9-11 ....... And all the people who have subcumbed to terrorist acts around the world!!!!

show_stopper said:
I just thought I would pass on, we plan on bringing our American Flag with us to the track Saturday night and will carry it during track prep time etc. In case anybody else wanted to, it might look pretty cool with the cars out there displaying the ol Red, White, and Blue.
Where are you going to be Saturday night Ray ? TCS, Pevely, MCS or ??

sounds good to me we are going to try city and we are in on the idea. we have one that we ran in the parade not a big one but not a small one eather.

I've thought the United States Touring Modified Series idea of giving all the feature starters American flags to carry on the 4-abrest pace lap while playing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" was always quite cool.

Cuing up a track of Ray Charles' unique rendition of "America the Beautiful" on such a pace lap could be cool as well. (Of course, it might take more than one pace lap for that rendition, lol :D )

Back