Saturday night

hartman343

hartman343
Staff member
Juz wanted to let everyone know i had a blast saturday night and it was kinda nice to put some faces to names. racing was fun but i knew i wasnt gonna be competitive with the s-10 i was running, ol gal has 150,000 miles on her and bone stock. it did make me feel good when i was doing my pill draw and the ladies at the gate remembered me from running my s-10 from back in 04 and even what my number was (they got alot better memory then i do). aside from 1 little problem at the beginning of the night, all went well. it was a good time and depending on what happens i might be back a time or two more this year. hope i didnt get in anyones way and i had the best seat in the house for some of the racing from the leaders. anyway yall need to be proud of yourselves, class act group.

Thanks Hartman, it was nice to have you come back to race. It took me back a few years.

Also thank you to all the Benton teams who made the trip all the way up to I-55, I think they should have let you guys run without mufflers, afterall it was your first time to the track.

I didn't here anything negative about anyone who showed up to run with us. I know everyone from Benton are good people from the way they accepted me when I made the trip down there. So thank you guys for coming up you are welcome anytime.

Crump

Yeah, to the Benton guys, from what I saw (and I had a pretty good view because I was behind a couple of you all night !?!?) it looked like you all ran good, clean races and I too didn't hear any complaints, so come back any time. Also, I saw the tech guys talking to you but didn't realize it was just over mufflers. Seems like on something like that doesn't affect performance at all you ought to get a freebie at least on the first time.

For that matter, congrats to everyone, I had a few long-time race goers tell me that Sat. night was one of the best (or the best) Pro-4 features they've seen.

benton drivers

ya the whole tech thing kinda baffled us, one of the guys called the track and we were told to come on up that we could have a 1 week grace period. we got there and when they teched us, said we wouldnt be allowed on the track unless we had mufflers. so we went and bought the mufflers from the infield (3" header mufflers) and we were all trying to figure out how we could mount them on 2" or 2 1/4" exhaust. one of the tech guys came by and said as long as we bought the mufflers, they would let us slide for the night. if i would have known that, i would have saved my money and put the glass pack on that i have sitting in my shop for free. but oh well, we all had a blast and the other benton drivers (#11, 26, and 49) wanted to race hard but not tear anybody up because of you guys and gals running for points. but they all said they had a hell of a good time. they also mentioned about makin a few more trips up every once in a while. one of the memories that came back real quick is that turn 3 and 4 wall doesnt give and i swear has a magnet in it. every lap i made it seemed to draw my s-10 towards it. never hit it but got close a couple of times.

Back