Schrader to RCR in 04?

t.nie

Patience Tester
Speed reported tonight that Ken will be in the #30 car next year. Anyone else heard this? If its true, its a great development for Kenny.

If you go to foxsports.com they have an article about this possibly happening. It was according to the article is was reported on NASCAR This Morning. If Kenny leaves the 49 car it may possibly be filled by Johnny Benson

BACK WHEN CHILDRESS FORMED THE #31 LOWES TEAM, THE RUMOR THEN WAS THAT DALE EARNHARDT WANTED SCHRADER IN THAT RIDE INSTEAD OF SKINNER. HIND SIGHT BEING 20/20, IT FOR DANG SURE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY LESS PRODUCTIVE IF HE WOULD HAVE HIRED KENNY THEN!

I HOPE HE GETS IT. IT WOULD BE ONE LAST SHOT FOR SCHRADER TO GET BACK TO VICTORY LANE.

i read an article that only a couple of loose ends to be tied up but ken will be in that ride for 2004.. i smell a championship run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope this is true!!!! I would love to see Kenny in decent ride before his Nextel Cup careeer comes to an end. How's this for a team: Kevin Harvick, Robby Gordon & Ken Schrader??? Two hot heads and the veteran to keepum' in check!!

Anyway, Go Kenny! We will be behind you where ever you go!

Amy

schrader

Fresh from north carolina kenny is not going to the #30 rcr car he is staying put he is under contract with bam either john andretti tony raines or mike wallace are the other rumored drivers later

It's my understanding that since BAM has no secured sponsorship, Kenny's relationship with them is a handshake deal and that he is not under contract.

I hope kenny can end up in that ride. With Kenny's talent at restrictor plate races, maybe he can teach Kevin and Robby something and bring RCR some more wins at the those races. He has always competed very well at those tracks. Now he would be with one of the teams with the best restrictor plate tracks, especially since they started working together with DEI. Kenny would be a great asset to RCR. He could teach Kevin and Robby a thing or two.

Schrader is, in fact, going to RCR for a one-year deal...AOL wants him primarily because he's a great pitchman for advertisers. They are notorious for not caring about who's in the car, just so long as they can pitch the product (which is the reason Park went into the car after Green was fired instead of Johnny Sauter or Mike Wallace, which is who Childress wanted). Also, that is a true story about Earnhardt. Dale was never a big fan of Skinner and believed he was never good enough to drive in Cup. I don't know about the 31 necessarily, but I know Earnhardt wanted to hook Schrader up any way he could...I'm glad to see it and with RCR's superspeedway package and with Schrader's natural ability at short-tracks, I think we'll see Kenny in Victory Lane this season...

I would definitely say AOL had a big part in saying who the driver would be. While I believe Schrader has some spark left in him and I know he and Childress are close, I would think with all the young talent out there, Childress would tend to build towards that, or at least give Hornaday a shot at it. Unfortunately, it's only a one-year deal since that's all that's left on the AOL contract and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away mid-season. If Kenny were to retire, this would be a way to do it in grand fashion. Maybe win a race or two and try for a top-10 in the final points...

I really hope that Ken gets a run at this one. He had some bad luck this season that kept him from finishing in the top 5 or 10 a few time and it is obvious that he still has something to show the youngguns in the sport.

Back