Scott Bloomquist's rig burns up on the side of the highway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Hearing that Bloomquist's rig burned up after blowing a tire which ruptured a propane line. They got the cars, motors and most of the tires out of the trailer before it burned up. He was on his way to race in Milan, TN.

He will be driving a backup car of John Blankenship's tonight.

I don't care who it is, this is bad news. Losing all that equipment and the vehicle itself is not good to hear. It was good that they were able to get the cars, tires and engines out, but to lose something like that on the road is not good to hear.

yes, this is terrible news. Not a Bloomer fan by any means but I definately don't want to hear this kind of news about anybody!

Best of luck tonight Scott in Blankenship's backup and see down the road at the World!

You can only imagine that he had a comuter system in there along with all his setup notes for tracks. All the little stuff that makes a winning combination. This could be mentally devistating for someone like that.

Sad to hear this.

What a shame, wonder if he'll get another UltraLite. That rig was built right here in Highland IL by Schantz (Sp??) Trailer Co. I believe.

It was very nice!

Hope he gets another one soon.

your right badweed it could be devistating,i only hope he had his insurance premium paid up,that was one fine looking rig,probably the best looking of all dirt racers. good luck scott

Your Right Badweed It Could Be Devistating,that Rig Was One Of The Nicest Rigs On The Road,you Can Never Get All The Stuff Out That You Want,hopefully His Insurance Was Paid Up,and He Can Replace It All With New Stuff.he"s Had His Bad Luck This Year And This Just Made It Worse! Hope You Come Back Stronger Than Ever Bloomer!!!!!!!!

set up notes? lol danny meyers is his notes that guy knows his stuff scotts good at gettin a car to run he'll be doin his same old stuff in a few days!

that ****s, I guess he can borrow my new totter I have on back order until his is done...................

Just a thought: what do you do with 2 Late Models, a couple motors, and a bunch of tires on the side of the road????? hope you got your cell phone?

I think a better question is how do you get 2 late models, a couple of motors, and a bunch of tires of a trailer on the side of a highway while it is burning to the ground. I know those lift gates do not go up and down all that quickly.

superchikenchoker,
you need a good ol fashioned ***** beating. who gives a rats ***** if he does,did or what have ya with that crap that is no ones bussiness. the man had some awful luck and you start trash talking him right off the bat! kick a man when he is down. yeah your real cool aint ya?NOT!!! YOUR A PUNK!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

As the thread says it was his RIG that burned not the hauler. they Hauler sustained a little front end damage but was relatively unharmed.

Here is the Press Release from Georgie Bloomquist that may answer some more questions:

8-29-04
With only their clothes on their backs and an open wheel trailer volunteered by Brad Hall, the Bloomquist crew put the #0 in victory lane at the World of Outlaw late model event at Milan Speedway, Milan, TN.
At approximately 2:00 EST on Saturday afternoon, the Bloomquist black rig was headed down I-40 to Milan, TN with the white bus and souvenir trailer following directly behind when a little smoke was noticed coming from the left side of the hauler. On board the black rig was the driver, Tony Wiggins and two crew members, Tommy Hicks and Jesse Kerns as well as Johnny Trent and his son Travis.
While pulling off to the side of I-40 at the Baxter exit to check the smoke, a left rear tire blew and when Tony opened one of the truck compartments for a fire extinguisher, the flames were already getting out of control. The driver of Scott's white bus, Brian Imler, seeing the smoke, pulled to the side of the road just ahead of the black rig with Scott and Katrina and Georgie with two more fire extinguishers. Several trucks stopped and offered more fire extinguishers but to no avail.
Fortunately all in the black rig were out but without wallets, cell phones and several without shoes on. As the flames became increasingly intense, all could do nothing but watch as the truck cab and motor home compartment burned to nothing while waiting for fire trucks from the Putnam County Fire Department. With traffic backed up for miles, the fire trucks had a difficult time making it through but were able to save the enclosed trailer carrying the two #0 race cars. The two race cars had been quickly unloaded along I-40 as a precaution but there was just a small amount of damage to the front portion of the trailer.
We want to thank the Putnam County Fire Department for their help in containing the fire once they were able to get through the backed up traffic.
After approximately 4 hours, the white bus was back on the interstate and on the way to Milan Speedway. Calls with offers to let Scott run other driver's back up cars were coming in to cell phones on the white bus and Scott decided to try to make it to the track and qualify John Blankenship's back up car which was already at the race track. The only crew member at the track from the Bloomquist shop was David Wade, who assumed full responsibility to get both of John's cars ready with the help of driver, Dan Schlieper and his crew member, Rich.
Within minutes of Scott's arrival, he was on the track qualifying the backup #23 car of John's while Brad Hall was on I-40 on his way to Milan after loading the #0 car off of the side of the interstae into his open car hauler so Scott could run the #0 car in the back of a heat. When switching cars during any World of Outlaw late model event, the driver must start at the back and Scott's goal was to make it into the top four of his heat which would guarantee him a spot in the feature.
Starting in the back of heat number three, in addition to other drivers, Scott passed Dirty Dozen drivers Rick Eckert, Steve Francis, Dale McDowell and Dan Schlieper to win the third heat race which gave him a spot in the dash. Second place finish in the dash gave Scott the outside pole position in the 50 lap $10,000 feature which he led from flag to flag for a Saturday night grand finale for the Bloomquist race team.

Back