Scott James Second in Spring 50, Bulls Gap Up Next

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(BRIGHT, INDIANA) “The Silver Shark” Scott James was out for blood last weekend at the Florence Speedway in Union, KY for the annual ‘Spring 50’ weekend. The weekend did not start out so good for Scott and team, as he dropped a driveshaft in hot laps for Friday night’s $3,000 to win tune-up event. The mechanical difficulty put the team behind for the night and they could never regroup. They wound up watching the O’Reilly NARA Battle of the Bluegrass (BoB) sanctioned feature event from the grandstands.

Saturday night would prove to be much better for the Scott James Motorsports team. After finishing third in his heat race to advance to the $5,000 to win ‘Spring 50’ feature event, Scott charged to the front from his thirteenth starting position. Behind the wheel of his Powell Motorsports / Baylor Trucking / JamesArt Designs #83 Rocket / Dargie Grand Prix, Scott would slice and dice his way up to the second spot by the time the checkered flags fell over the field. Scott was thrilled about his performance in the feature, but wished there were more than 50-laps in the main event.

“We just needed more laps,” said Scott immediately following the race. “I was better on long green flag runs, as it took a few laps for my car to really come into it. I was gaining on (eventual winner Dan) Schlieper at the end, but just ran out of laps. He deserves all the credit in the world for winning and picking the right tire combination. I used a lot of tire on my way to the front and his tires looked a lot better than ours. I am still happy with the run and I am looking forward to getting back to Florence later in the year for the Ralph Latham Memorial and the North-South 100.”

Scott and the team are slated to travel to the Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, TN this weekend for the annual ‘Spring Thaw’ weekend at the ultra-fast 4/10-mile, high-banked facility in eastern Tennessee. A $3,000 to win feature event is scheduled for this Friday night, with the $10,000 to win ‘Spring Thaw’ show on the docket for the following evening. The big weekend at Bulls Gap is being run in conjunction with the Nextel NASCAR Cup Series event at the nearby Bristol (TN) Motor Speedway. For more information on the event this weekend at Volunteer, log onto www.volunteerspeedway.com.

The Scott James Motorsports team also debuted their new line of “Out for Blood” apparel on Saturday night at Florence. You can now view the new t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, and hooded sweatshirts at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com. They were a hot seller on Saturday night, so be sure to check them out on Scott’s website!

Keep up with Scott James Motorsports all year long by accessing their official home on the Internet located at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back