SFCR losing some...

j.j.slideways!!

modifieds??? i was told corey screwed up saturday night and lost another modified. how may is that now...4? is it true brent thompson isn't racing at farmington anymore? and also what's this crap about the officials tearing down billie smith's msd box or something? sounds to me like someone needs to get their act together at SFCR or there's not going to be any modifieds runing there.

Brent may race at SFCR a few more times throughout the season, but don't look for him to be a regular there any longer. He raced Pevely the past 2 weekends and probably will race there several more times. Yes, the officials did tell Billy they wanted to check his MSD box. He pulled up on the scales and they told him to shut his car off and asked him a few questions. IF someone wants to protest Billy, the money needs to be put up for that. Otherwise, people need to just get over the fact that Billy is GOOD!! Let's go about this "tear down" the proper way...put your money where your mouth is!!!!! Congratulations Billy on your win Saturday night.

Tear down

I don't think it is a tear down the way you think. We were all told at the first regular nights drivers meeting that "if you were suspected of having traction control built into your ignition box, you would be asked, by the track, to let them send it in and have it examined and that it would be sent back to you by Wednesday". "If it is found to have it,then appropriate action would be taken."

I'm sure someone else may know more and chime in, but that is what I heard with my own ears.

its nice to have opinions, but it would help to have a few more facts before going off about things on here. theres almost always some method to the madness and coming on here and spouting off at people just makes you look foolish when things arent what you think they are. corey is not going to run people off unless they are acting inappropriately and may themselves run people off. im sure its much harder to be fair when youve got so many people with different ideas for what fair is...cory is definately acting in the best interest of the track...its his money...why would he not?

tear downs

I have to agree with nate29 on this issue.It was said in the first drivers meeting that if you was suspected of having traction control,your box would be sent in and checked and be back by wednesday!On the money issue,the track has the option to tear anybody down at any time and there is no money put up.read the rule book!!!!!!!!

i was also told that one modified driver was told only the top five from the feature needed to weigh after the race and well another driver who finished in the top 10 (7th or 8th) had just pulled into his pit after the race and was still buckled in and everything and he was told he was disqualified for not weighing. the driver hadnt even shut his car off or anything. the driver said he would go weight it real quick. corey said he couldn't do that and that he was disqualified. They weren't even going to pay him for finishing the feature and then corey brought up something about paying him for last place???? so it sounds to me like someone needs to get their **** straight, cause that's another driver who prolly won't be coming back to SFCR, you guys already lost brent thompson and if ya miss with billy anymore by tearing his car down then he'll prolly quit SFCR along with two or three more drivers i know that's quitting SFCR. so once again sounds to me like someone needs to get their act together before they cause a whipe out of the modified class.

its the top ten in feature and the mods that i know have left have left cause of money...also i herd one driver say(and i am not repeating the drivers name) "i can deal with a pee poor track, or pee poor pay..but not both.." i hear fredricktown pays $90 for 7th in feature while farmington only pays $60/$65. also the Pit guy satureday was way off..i mean i know he was newwer cause the normal lady told us she was gonna be gone for 3 weeks but this guy i had to track him down sevral times to ask him simple questions that would have been answered if he would have put up A) the first of the mod feature..and B.) when the Simi WAS going to be...it was cancled.JB...jus my two cents

I hate to here of problems with the mods at SFCR, but you better be careful because we're always lookinf for more mods to come run I-55. It's great to have Brent Thompson back at Pevely.

mods

j.j. do you drive or own a car,or do you just get on here to start sh*t.every where i look on this site you have put your 2 cents in.I myself work for the track and have for some time now.The driver in question about weighing after the feature knows better,he raced last year also and nothing has changed other than a new owner.so my advise to you would be to keep your two cents out of something that you have no idea about!If you would like to talk to me personally i'll be in turns 1&2 all night saturday.

I wasn't starting **** at all. all i'm sayin is that's some of the mod drivers are getting mad at things. calm down fireboy! no reason to get all crazy.

Faithfulfan was I in any way mouthing about any of this???? all i said was that i heard about them checking the msd box on the kids car and the whole weight thing at the end of the feature. and that a few drivers were getting angry at sfcr officals or rules. that's all! oh and by the way fireboy, if everyone didn't put in their "2 cents" then this wouldn't be a messageboard.cause their would only be a topic started and a new thread with no replies under it. so once again people have to put in their 2 cents on here or it can't be a messageboard. so ease up fireboy no reason to make hell, fire and brimstone here!

ok this is billy i wasnt mad about the track asking to see my box it was kinda cool that someone thinks im cheating now as far as the pay off from 2nd back goes sorry but it ****s and if it dosnt change soon im going to have to look at other options

okay..

its PRETTY sad that people are starting to accuse billy of cheating! he's got the talent...he's got the car...he's just good...an all around good guy! GREAT JOB THIS YEAR BILLY! KEEP IT UP!

Hey Billy ....

I want to Thank You for getting on here YOURSELF and clearing up the point about being asked to see your box. You know how rumors get started and they just get worse the more they go on. It is better to " Nip it in the bud " ........ LeaDonna :)

You know I am kinda glad SFCR cares enough about traction control to have it checked. Most tracks and owners just don't bother with the issue. I don't think Billy is using traction control, but it is nice to see it being checked. Good luck Billy, hope to see ya at I-55 sometime again this year.

ok and see i brought the whole tearing down thing up and fireboy jumped my *** about it. and yea i agree it's bull**** that people think "the kid" is cheating. he's a good cleaN FAST RACER. I DON'T THINK HE'D EVER CHEAT.

Come on up.........

smith racing14 said:
ok this is billy i wasnt mad about the track asking to see my box it was kinda cool that someone thinks im cheating now as far as the pay off from 2nd back goes sorry but it ****s and if it dosnt change soon im going to have to look at other options
All of us as fans and racers always welcome new blood at I-55. I saw you when you and Kenny Kennedy came up a week ago saturday, what a surprise! Hope to see you again soon! :D

Back