Shame on I-55 Drivers

MudnBeer

Ok, I just gotta get this off my chest. Last night had to be the worst racing by the drivers that i've ever seen in all my years!!! I swear it must have been a full moon or something. I seen drivers take out thier own buddies and everyhting. Not to take anything away from anyone but i seen a couple late models get into it that i thought shouldnt have happened. Not to take anything away from Clay. Congrats #77
As for the modifieds, a lot of tempers were flaring from what i seen of the feature. As for the rest of the race....i was disposed. LOL
Onto the Sportsman, I lost a lot of respect for a few drivers. A lot of stuff happend that i thought would have never happened. For instance....the #12 wasnt his usual self. I seen him run into cars all night long. I believe in his heat race he spun out a car which i thought he would have never taken out. Maybe he just cought my attention because last week for the first week this year he done very well for himself which i was happy to see, but it all must have went to his head because i seen him beat his way through the feature also.
As for the Lowrey boys, i read that they were caught illegal. Hmm...what a surprise. I must say that they were pretty strong last night, the both of them!! Well, i did see buddy get real loose and take out the side of #00's car.
And as for the rest of the race, congrats to Paul Bauman for the win, im glad someone beat Horton. He just rubs me the wrong way, i see him "struttin" around the pits all the time and it just makes my wanna throw my beer. Oh well...i guess it pays off to have help from a late model driver.
Sooo... to finish up, i dont know if it was the track that was the whole problem or what it was. It seemed very odd for so many good drivers to drive with thier head up thier a**es. I know people complain about the track all the time so i wont go there. It does make for some interesting racing for the fans but I'm sure the drivers dont like tearing up thier equipment. So, in closing......Who brings fans to the track? Surely not the fans!! The drivers do so how about trying to take care of the drivers and thier cars so they dont tear thier cars up every week.
Need I say more.....?

sorry, I have to disagree with you. The night was full of great racing, the track was fast and your going to have things happen when it starts to dry a little. You have to make changes between heats and the feature and I think alot of them didnt adjust.. But it was still a great night. congrats clay on your win. :D

My intent wasnt on talkin bad about the track, its the drivers that made the track look worse than it already was. You missed my main point of this discussion!!

also...i see where your a dixon fan, that would explain why you like the track so much!!
anything for eddy!

I agree that alot of strange stuff was going on last night! The way I see it, alot of it was payback that has been building up! The drivers are told to take care of it on the track---so a few handled their problems last night (since the officials will not take care of it)--not that I agree that ALL were called for!

The incident with the Naeger---well, hmmmmm. Guess you didn't see where the car that got spun out, had chopped Naeger off in the corner before that??

The incident with the LM---I saw what happened on the back straight and was VERY GLAD that Clay Bauman came out of that one so lucky! Congrats Clay on you win! As far as the Dixon/Steffens incident, didn't see what actually happend, but both of them had and have been driving out of control!

As far as the Modifieds----well! I think a BLACK FLAG should have come out during that race! I've seen a guy get thrown out for alot less than that!

As far as the comment on Horton having the LM driver help him???? Not a fair comment----that LM driver happens to be Horton's Uncle. It is nice to know that family still helps family---and so what if they weren't family! Also, Horton has driven a Modified before and guess you did not see it last week or the week before when Horton hot lapped the LM??? and did a nice job of it!

Hated to hear about the Lowery's! Buddy has gotten better this year with his new car!

All in all---I still enjoy the races. I wish that some of the rilvary could be handled in a "clean" way---beat em fair and square! But then again, if we didn't have the rilvary, the races would not be as good as they USUALLY are!

As Far As Troy Last Night, He Was Fighting A Bad Push Early. When Is The Last Time You Seen Him Start On The Front Row And Drop Back Like He Did. Yes He Got Into Stuppy, But I Don't Think It Was Intentional. He Was Put To The Rear And Took It In Stride.

There Was Some Bull That Didn't Have To Happen.

The Racing Was Great Come Feature Time.

The Late Models Were A Big Suprise With Bauman Taking What I Thought Was A Sure Win Away From Kevin.

Weber Won, And Thats Nothing New. But, He Started 10th, So What Can You Say????

Paul Bauman Passes Ricky Horton To Take The Win In The Sportsman. I Would've Bet A C-note Ricky Would Win That One.

As Far As Not Liking Ricky Cuz He Struts Through The Pit??? Thats Your Right. But, He's A Pretty Good Guy. Not To Mention, That Late Model Driver(danny Haynes) Is His Uncle, Of Course He's Gonna Help. But, You Shouldn't Forget, Paul Bauman's Uncle(donnie Klein) Is No Dummy Either, And Probably Has Given Paul His Fair Share Of Advice/help Also.

obviously you have never talked to ricky horton, probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. not to mention a pretty fun guy to drink a few cold ones with. and what kinda crap is this that he does good because he has help from a late model driver? HELLO? HOW MANY GUYS DO YOU THINK ARE OUT THERE THAT DONT HAVE A BUDDY THAT DRIVES A LATE MODEL? i dont care if your best buddy is scott bloomquist, shanon babb, billy moyer, ED DIXON (THATS RIGHT I'M A PROUD ED DIXON FAN!!!!! ) ,danny haynes (yep big fan of his too. and a friend) they can tell ya everything you want to know and how to do it. but the bottom line is can you get the job done? looks to me like ricky can. and this is no way intended to bash paul belkin jr. but didnt he drive a late model last year? what kinda stuff do you think he might have learned last year that he didnt know before?

Mudnbeer

I don't know if you have ever been behind the wheel of a racecar, but sometimes you miss the setup. As for as the track it wasn't that bad. Ifor one missed it, jumped the cushion and got freight trained. All and All had a great time even if the left front A-Frame got broke. Way to Go I-55 and A.A.R.A. The drivers that race down there every week are some of the best in all divisions. Also thanks to Matt and Dennis Hancock #105 Sportsman for Lending me the Peice of Lead, And to the Soutieau Racing C4 Modified, thanks for your help. Very Appreciated. :D

I think because the competition is so tough in all classes everyone has to drive their $#@% off each week as they did saturday, so in turn things are going to happen like they did this week. We are all priveleged to have this kind of talent to watch race each week so let's just enjoy it. Great job to Clay Baumann, Scott Weber, and Paul Bauman on your feature wins, each of you had to work for it this week. Also I'd like to say congratulations to #16 modified Kenny Kennedy on his heat race win as he made his first trip to I-55 this season. See everyone next week! :D

I can tell you one thing, if or when I ever get my chance in a racecar I'll be bending the ear of any and all drivers I can. Matter of fact, I've bent Danny Haynes ear about things a couple of times. He's one of the nicest's guys I've met in racing and will talk to you like you're one of his friends! The way I see it, anywhere or anyone you can get information or experience from take it!!!!

kidding me

You now put blame on the drivers for the questionable racing you saw sat. night. That racing surface has been horrible all year. One week it is dry and dusty and black next week it is a mud hole. That track has not been consistent all year- even end of last year. Maybe that is why so may cars are getting tore up. I have not seen multi groove racing.
As you say they are racing their asses off to finish for a good starting spot.
I have been a fan of Ed Dixon for 20+ years and I do not believe he would of stuff anyone intentionally. Hard racer-Yes.
I'55 Drivers are the best drivers around why would they intentionally tear themselves/ others up. Some of you guys claim the drivers are missing their set-ups. Whys that?
Gumby187 said himself "He jumped the cushion and got freight trained". I know he was saying the track wasn't that bad--but cushion and fright train racing are cause by track condition. Just my opinion!!!!

Positive attitudes!!

Let's try to have some positive attitudes here. Why focus on all the "bad" things that happen each week? I, for one, was glad to make the trip to Pevely Saturday night. I am a regular at SFCR and The Rock due to the fact that family and friends race there, but we were all glad to make our first trip of the season to the facility. EVERY track struggles...every racer and race fan alike know that!!!!
Positive thoughts: I-55 is a great facility and the track is the home to MANY great racers! Clay Baumann #77 won his first ever Late Model feature Saturday night. Wasn't it good to see that guys still do get excited when they get that victory? Did you see how many of his fellow racers stopped on the front straight to shake his hand or give him a thumbs up? Now, you tell me that these guys aren't close. It's like one big family...even if they disagree on the track, they pull together when it's all said and done. That's the great part of the racing community. Whether you are a Scott Weber fan or not, you have to give the guy the credit he deserves. I, personally, am a huge Weber fan and wanted to see him win, but I enjoyed seeing him work his way from 10th position to win...as opposed to seeing him start on the front row and run away with the victory. Kenny Kennedy won his first ever heat race in a modified...don't think he wasn't excited (a regular to The Rock and SFCR...both IMCA tracks). Kennedy, Smith, and Thompson all made the feature. Thompson ran well and had a top 10 finish while Smith and Kennedy were both involved in a crash that put them to the rear of the field, but they gave it their all. What about Mike Nicholson #30 in the Sportsman class? He may not be one of the "big name" sportsman drivers, but the guy can race. I think he is one of the sportsman drivers that tends to get overlooked (for some reason or another) but don't ever count him out. He won his heat race, finished 2nd in the dash, and came home 4th in the feature. What a great night for him!!! What about the fact that the races are over (almost) every week by 10 or 10:30 pm!!! May not seem like a big deal to you regulars to Pevely, but being a regular from 2 different tracks who NEVER get over that early (usually pushing at least midnight...and sometimes later), that's amazing!!!

Now that I have spoke my mind and tried to focus on some positive aspects of Pevely, I will now let the rest of you voice your opinions. But, I couldn't let this continue without pointing out the fact that you should be lucky to have such a great facility.

I kinda thought the track came together nicely. ;) It will never be what everyone wants it to be weather you are at Mt. Vernon or Highland or SFCR it's all the same tough weather conditions and a guessing game is it gonna rain? Do I water the track? Is it gonna rain? Do I water the track? I'd hate to have that job :rolleyes: All in all with the weather dancing around us I thought things did come around nicely. Not outstandingly but nicely. :)

Thanks faithfulfan, glad you could come to our great racing facility, and I DO appreciate what we all, as fans, have available to us each week. It's always good to here the perspective of someone who does not attend Pevely on a regular basis. Hope you can make it back sometime soon.

I thought it was the best LM feature of the year, and the Mods weren't too far off from that either. They were all over the track, high, low and everywhere during the feature, it looked good to me. :)

"perfect Track Conditions" Are Seldom Achieved. I've Been To Several Stl Area Tracks So Far This Year, And They All Have Had Their Good Nights And Their Bad. But "perfect", I've Yet To See It. There Is A Fine Line Between Dry Slick/slimy/ Wet And Tacky/and Plain Rough.

But Nevertheless, These Promoter Work The Track Throughout The Week. So Why Don't Some Of These Know It All Track Prep Experts Stop By And Volunteer Your Help And Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Racer There Has To Race On The Same Track!

Nobody Won A Feature From The Front Row??? So Somebody Must Have Done Some Passing!

Shame??????

I guess Mr. or Mrs. Mud in Beer has never thought about true talent (Ricky Horton)!! This guy knew how to work on race cars before he ever was driving them! That helps alot, so open your eyes and look ahead! Somethings are going to happen, its called "racing"!!!!!!! LOL!!!:) :eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes:

ghostduster said:
Gumby187 said himself "He jumped the cushion and got freight trained". I know he was saying the track wasn't that bad--but cushion and fright train racing are cause by track condition. Just my opinion!!!!

Look at the situation realistically.. If "Lightning" would have driven that car into the turn like it's suppose to be driven he would not have JUMPED that cushion. Besides it was a baby cushion nothing on the bottom of his BEAUTIFUL NEW SKIN was damaged. ;) And it was his first night out this year.... Alittle hesitant still !!!!

The track was not rough and there was alot of pasing in the dashes and features. Everybody does not like the track the same. I think they are doing a very nice job with the race track, and to be good, like it has been stated by many on here, you must be good on many track conditions. I have generally had the most trouble on super slick lately, but sometimes the track is that way, and we try to use it as an oppertunity to get better on that track condition.

Back