sitting and waiting

latemod

We all talk about getting new people to the track but.... If last night at highland was your first night would you go back? Please track promoters keep the show going! drivers be ready, officials be ready, and for god's sake use the damn tow truck that you drive out to the infield and park it for the night! really start an hour early and barely make curfew.

I wish I could understand why, on such a nice day weather-wise, the track was not prepped to start on time. They were behind before they ever started! Another issue- I have brought first-timers before and they all have the same complaint- why do we have to sit through caution-filled (single car spins) support class races to see the main class feature? A Facebook friend told me he went to a 5 division show at Hagerstown MD last night that took 3 hours! We saw one that was closer to 6 hours.

Last edited:
Could the issue be if they had a fast show they wouldn't get the concessions $$$. In highlands case, there's so many hands in the cookie jar the powers that be may not let them have a fast show with less beer sales. Just an observation, because agree, there's no excuse on great weather day for track prep delays.

Everybody paid to see the 40 lap late model race but highland made everyone set through all the other features first . I guess they had to get rid of all those $4 beers they were trying to sell .

We all talk about getting new people to the track but.... If last night at highland was your first night would you go back? Please track promoters keep the show going! drivers be ready, officials be ready, and for god's sake use the damn tow truck that you drive out to the infield and park it for the night! really start an hour early and barely make curfew.
Look.. I'm one of the most critical voices when it comes to Highland, but I have to say I thought it moved along pretty well. I guess you forgot they ran a 40 lap late model feature not the usual 25? I really have to applaud how they did not run the late models and mods before other classes! I thought that was a great idea. It definitely kept more butts in the seats even though it was a bit chilly last night!

I normally don't go to Highland--and as more of a Sprint/Midget fan last night will probably be the only event I go to this year--but I was also disappointed that the track prep wasn't completed. Hopefully it is an opening night deal and it gets better as the year goes on but I seem to remember this topic coming up previously.

Once they finally got the show started it moved fairly well (and the extra 15 laps in the LM feature wasn't a big deal--I think that there were only 3-4 cautions) with the exception of the B Modified feature. The problem is--and it isn't just Highland--that they were supposed to start racing at 5:45 and the first heat didn't roll out until almost 7:00.

I know that sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances but I think it's important to start things when they are scheduled.

Dan Nelson

Could the issue be if they had a fast show they wouldn't get the concessions $$$. In highlands case, there's so many hands in the cookie jar the powers that be may not let them have a fast show with less beer sales. Just an observation, because agree, there's no excuse on great weather day for track prep delays.

I know when I go I don't usually buy to much because it's to dam high to begin with. And if a track is slowing the show down for that reason I would never go back to that track.

If you want to see how a show should be ran go to a Bob Sargant show. Bob will have 100 cars and start the show at 7:00 and be over by 10:00 - 10:30

If your not going to use the big tow truck park it on the outside so we can see the whole track. Also as soon as a car spins the push truck should be moving to see if they are needed not sit there and wait to be called.
I think they let the truck drivers park in the infield mainly to just watch the races from their . Their have been many complaints over the years about those trucks blocking the spectators view but the officials dont care doing anything about it .

Back