SLide jobs

Slide jobs in racing are AWESOME! This is one of the reason that sprint car racing is my favorite type of racing to watch. This past Saturday's sprint car feature was a great race to watch, lots of passing and lots of slide jobs, it was a very good race.

In a previous thread Keith Burch was called out for spinning the 88 car. This wreck was the direct result of a poor slide job. A good slide job is when you CLEAR the car your trying to pass. The 88 car didn't clear the 24 car (if he had cleared him keith's front wing wouldn't of got torn off) when he tried to pass him. Also, in a previous post someone said that if you can't handle a slide job you shouldn't be racing, i saw lots of slide jobs Saturday night, some of them were great slide jobs, some were poorly done. When you try to slide someone and you come up a half a car length shy of clearing them, you can't always expect the person to brake and allow the other car by them.

Jeremy Sutton

Excellent point Jeremy ... The 88 car (Worley Jr.) has done that a couple of times this year ... but i know he isn't the only one that has done that ... his just seem more noticeable

I agree totally that's hes not the only one who does that. I just hate that anytime someone does something to him, that person is dogged on here. If people dogged Worley on here for every time he has drove someone dirty, well that would be about all that is on this board. From the looks of it the 24 car wasn't the only one who was upset with the 88, it looked like the 69 car was pretty upset with Tommy as well.

Tommy is one hell of a driver at SFCR, he don't need to drive dirty to be up front.

So was Wilsons slide on the 24 dirty too? Considering he got a hammer from the 24 when he slid him and cleared him by a few cars. And sorry Mr Sutton but I own a copy of Saturdays race and will post this particular moment of the race if you want and then watch you eat your words. I've watched it 3 times now and the 88 cleared the 24, 24 hooked moisture slammed the 88 than turned him. Burch just can't handle being passed. He's one his 1 feature for the next five years and about the time his Helmet starts to fit again he will start running good again (in about 4 years). Point is, Worley could stop racing today and Burch would never scratch the surface of Worleys wins. That's because Worley knows how to hit the brakes and go under neath a slider, as he did numerous times in his heat and feature.

I'm glad someone else was watching the same races I was. Burch's front wing was torn up from slamming in the back of worley after he had done been cleared. Like the previous person said He hit the 20 of Wilson for the same thing. Go back about six weeks or so ago when Robbie standridge slid him and he took him out at the flag stand. I'll say it again, if u can't deal with a slider u need to quit racing.

I was not there, but a good slide job versus a bad slide job is like calling charge versus block in basketball or fumble versus no fumble in football. The officials cannot get them all correct or they may completely miss seeing them and how most fans usually see them depends upon who they are rooting for.

I'm not going to pick sides.... but sometimes I wish that we would remember that most of the time, we are locals running for local money. Saturday may be an exception, because that is a great payout. Most of the time, torn up race cars cost more than what the feature pays to win. I thought that Tim was awefully nice to Mr. Madsen, but he understands that it pays more to roll the car in the trailer than try to scale the fence. I love to see a good slide job as much as anyone, but you must remember that you have to race with these guys every week. I wasn't at Jacksonville but I heard that Stewert hit everyone but the pace car. He can do that, because most guys won't see him again until next year. When running with the big boys, race as they do. When racing with locals......race like you want to be raced.

Ian Madsen put on some bad *** slidejobs.I feel bad for Robbie Standridge who was going for the lead when a lapped car spun in front of him and he got tangled with it. The same lapped car spins out again a lap or two later. Bad luck for Robbie really hoping he would've won it or finished good. As for the slidejobs, some guys dunno how to take a slidejob. Slidejobs are racing.. from what I seen Worley was taken out. But whats the point of arguing about this when the season is in the books anyways? Bring on the Short Track Nationals!! You wanna see some slidejobs? I bet we'll see them there!!

Not this time....we don't have a 360. You need some serious smoke to go down there and run. We might run j-ville on the 8th, but other than that, I think we are calling it a year. Maybe next year....

Not this time....we don't have a 360. You need some serious smoke to go down there and run. We might run j-ville on the 8th, but other than that, I think we are calling it a year. Maybe next year....

Pony up and hit Haubstadt the 16th as that's a great track to get a season ending win bud..lol The Outlaws would probably tech you though if you guys win.

Price of pit passes this past weekend: $120.00 Trip to hooters: 33.00 Price of two sodas: $4.00 Watching the twister spin out 3 times this weekend PRICELESS!! Thanks for the good showing this weekend.

He spins alot. Over and over and over right after a feature win. That's why he's the twister. Thanks for the positive words hater. We all know your a closet Worley fan!

Back