Smurf's baby is seriously ill - Your help is needed

Millsey

I know a lot of you have read the posts on here about Smurf and his wife's new baby. Well, late today they had to fly the newborn to St. Louis Children's Hospital where they found out he has heart problems.
Smurf, aka J.J. Johnson of Fredericktown (Patton), and his wife are some of the best people you will ever meet. They are always willing to lend a helping hand whenever and whereever possible. Now I want to ask you all to help them.
They are not rich people by any stretch of the imagination and they were told their baby would be in intensive care at the hospital for at least three weeks and maybe longer. We are going to take up a collection at our RAMS meeting this Sunday night at Bailey's Pub & Grill in Farmington to try and help out with just some living expenses. The meeting is at 6 p.m.
If any of you can help out please do. Like I said, this is a situation where we were all so excited for this young couple for their baby and now this happens.
If you need to contact me please feel free to do so either day or night at (573) 747-0566.
Even if you can't give any money to help, please keep this fantastic young couple in your prayers...

Millsey

Our thoughts and prayers will be with JJ and his family. Is there an address where I could send a donation to help him out? .

Not much a person can say other than how sad it is to know any child is ill. JJ is damn good friend and his family already has had a rough year. Please pray for his baby. Jon Reando

You can send you donations to:

Jeff Mills
606 Smith Street
Farmington, Missouri 63640

Make the checks payable to: J.J. Johnson

I'll make sure they get to him...

Millsey

my thoughts, and prayers go out for this little boy. I am HOT ROD TODD the #10 sportsman from I-55, MY BEST FRIENDS LITTLE BOY HAD HEART PROBLEMS AT 18 MONTHS OLD. I SAY THAT CHILDRENS HOSPITAL IS THE BEST PLACE FOR J.J THEY ARE THE BEST.THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOC. RUNS THER STICKER ON MY CAR, I DONT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM THEM BUT I'LL CALL HIM AND SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING THEY CAN DO TO HELP. HOT ROD

It's just devastating when something like this happens during such a joyous occassion. Our prayers are with the Johnson family.

Loren & Judy Knox

Jen, we need to pass the helmet around a few times at Racestock tonite!!!!!

Our families thoughts and prayers are with Smurf's family. I don't know you, but I have three kids and we thank God everyday that they are healthy. It is our sincerest hope that this is something that will pass and you too will be praising God for your child's good health too!

Little Brecken is in surgery as I'm typing this. I will hear from JJ after it's over and will post the news as soon as I hear. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. The family was told that the first 24-28 hours would be the most critical.

At racestock we raised $52 to help and from what I'm told there was about $180 raised at the RAMS meeting last night. Thank you all for your donations, I know JJ and Trish will be very touched by your kindness.

Tracy

Our thoughts and prayers to this new gift from GOD! Turn him over to Gods hands and allow him to care for this gift. We will continue to pray for all the family to give them strength to get through this time of need... Our hearts are with you all...

Lisa

Some of you have asked - still no word from the hospital. Will be there myself after work, and I will post as soon as I know anything.
T

Good news!

Just got off the phone with Smurf. The baby is out of surgery and is doing just fine. Both parents are very relieved (tired, but relieved) and are appreciative of everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Racewidow I've been thinking about those folks all day. We are still praying here in Alton for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Tracy. Been thinking about this ever since I saw it. Glad to hear things are looking better.

We just got back from the hospital and the baby looks good (other than all the tubes going in and out of him and all the machines he's hooked up to). He should be just fine. Both parents are doing fine, just very tired. They would like to thank all those who've donated, prayed or thought of them these past few days. I'd like to thank you all, too.

Tracy

Back