SNOWSTORM COMING!!!!! Yahooooooooo!!! White Christmas!!!!

Millsey

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas......"

And guess what?? We're going to get it, at least it appears we will.. We've got a Winter Storm Watch issued for us here in St. Francois County......!!! The only thing scary about that is Little 302 might get that stupid sled of his out!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!

winter weather

Urgent - Winter Weather Message
National Weather Service St Louis Mo
948 Pm Cst Mon Dec 20 2004

...major Winter Storm Will Be Affecting Southeast Missouri And
Southern Illinois Tuesday Night And Wednesday...

.the Latest Forecast Maps Based Off Of This Evening Upper Air Data
Continues To Point To A Major Winter Storm Developing Over The Mid
Mississippi Valley Tuesday Night And Wednesday. It Appears That
Southeast Missouri And Southern Illinois Will Be On The Northern
Fringes Of The Heaviest Snowfall. Due To The Strong Lift And Deep
Moisture...heavy Snow Of 6 Inches Or More Will Be Possible...mainly
Along And South Of A Centerville Missouri...ste. Genevieve...
Sparta...vandalia Illinois Line.

There Is Still Some Uncertainty On The Exact Track The Storm Will
Take. Only A Slight Change In The Track Can Dramatically Increase Or
Decrease The Amount Of Snow That Falls On A Given Location.

Holiday Travelerss Planning On Driving Through Southern
Missouri...southern Illinois...northern Arkansas... And Western
Kentucky...should Carefully Monitor Later Forecasts And Statements
Concerning This Storm.

Ilz065-069-070-074-079-moz074-075-084-085-099-211030-
Clinton Il-fayette Il-iron Mo-madison Mo-marion Il-randolph Il-
Reynolds Mo-st. Francois Mo-ste. Genevieve Mo-washington Il-
Including The Cities Of...bismarck...bonne Terre...breese...
Carlyle...centralia...chester...desloge...farmington...
Fredericktown...ironton...leadwood...nashville...new Baden...
Red Bud...salem...sparta...ste. Genevieve And Vandalia
948 Pm Cst Mon Dec 20 2004

...winter Storm Watch Remains In Effect From Late Tuesday Night To
Wednesday Evening...

A Rain And Snow Mixture Is Expected To Develop Across The Area
Tuesday Evening...with The Precipitation Changing To All Snow During
The Night...with The Snow Continuing Throughout The Day On Wednesday.
Due To The Strength Of This Storm There Is The Potential For Heavy
Snow Of 6 Or More Inches...generally Along And South Of A Centerville
Missouri...ste. Genevieve...sparta...vandalia Illinois Line.

A Winter Storm Watch Is Advanced Notice That Severe Winter Weather Is
Possible In The Watch Area...it Does Not Mean That It Is A Certainty.
Those In The Watch Area Should Begin Preparing In Case The Storm Does
Materialize. If You Have Travel Planned...you May Want To Adjust Your
Travel Time To Avoid The Storm. Also, You Should Use This Advanced
Notice To Make Certain Your Vehicle Is Winterized. Make Preparations
At Home By Stocking Emergency Supplies...such As Food...medicine...
And Extra Heating...just In Case The Storm Makes Travel Impossible.
This Is Especially Important For Those Living In Rural Areas.

If I want to see a White Christmas, I'll look at a Norman Rockwell painting. Snow s-cks. But not nearly as much as the ZERO degree weather we're supposed to get along with the white crap.

The 8th coldest August on record, followed by snow and zero at Christmas. So much for "global warming."

Brandon Paul said:
If I want to see a White Christmas, I'll look at a Norman Rockwell painting.
Interesting yet useless piece of information about Rockwell: The Norman Rockwell Museum in Oklahoma City has only one original Rockwell painting in it.:D

I love the snow. 2 to 4" being forecasted up here. My uncle lives in Wappapello, they're forecasting 6 to 10" of snow there.

This ****s there only calling for snow showers here! I really wanted to take my four wheeler out in the snow.

Yea, I hope the weather guessers are wrong on this one. Sure would really like to see a white Christmas up here in Lincoln County.

I hope at least one of the Metoroligists are right over here.. depending on who you listen to they are saying from 8 to 14" here in Owensboro

I Like A White Christmas By All Means. But Do Not Want To Be Snowed In Or Anything. A Few Inches On The 24th And 25th Will Be Just Fine. Then It Can Go Away!!!

Brickmover, Wouldn't You Like To Be A Meteorologist?? Make Over Six Figures And Don't Have To Be Good At What You Do!

Brandon Paul said:
If I want to see a White Christmas, I'll look at a Norman Rockwell painting. Snow s-cks. But not nearly as much as the ZERO degree weather we're supposed to get along with the white crap.

The 8th coldest August on record, followed by snow and zero at Christmas. So much for "global warming."

Didn't your mother teach you if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all?

Put some chains on the tires and lets go racing.

PITDRIFTER said:
I Like A White Christmas By All Means. But Do Not Want To Be Snowed In Or Anything. A Few Inches On The 24th And 25th Will Be Just Fine. Then It Can Go Away!!!

Brickmover, Wouldn't You Like To Be A Meteorologist?? Make Over Six Figures And Don't Have To Be Good At What You Do!

NO doubt.. heck i would like to make 6 figures no matter what! lol

NOW A WINTER STORM WARNING!!! Yippyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

5 to 5 1/2 inches here in Owensboro, KY so far... saying we could see 18+ inches by night!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got a report last night that if you are in the Festus, MO area.. watch out.. Rusty Griffaw is manning a snow plow!! Could be some over the center snow removal on 3 i mean 5 wheels! lol

Coming from a family with three generations of bricklayers, I can tell you that for the construction trades snow is very bad, and from having done work for racers in recent years, there are alot of racers who work construction. That spells for a double hating of snow for me, if I was in the towing or auto body buissiness, I would be a fan of snow. I see alot of people who wanted to get one last good paycheck before Christmas this week getting let down by bad weather, I do not understand what some of you are celebrating.

While I'm NOT in the construction business, I also do not understand what some of you are celebrating. I HATE THE SNOW!!!!!! Yeah sure, it was great when I was in school, because snow usually meant NO SCHOOL!!!! Now that I WORK and drive such terrible roads to and from, I could care less if I ever saw the white stuff again. I'm TERRIFIED to drive in it. For those of you who can sit at home or aren't scared to drive in it, I guess it's not that bad. I have a lot of friends that are in the business that won't be receiving that last GOOD paycheck before the holiday season hits us...and that will be tough for them. SNOW, SNOW go away!!!!!!!!!!!

Back