so how about the meeting

WHITEROCK

I heard the rules were changing at this track for the street class. Is this the case or is it the same as the rest of the tracks.

You can run a aftermarket rod as long as it is a STOCK rod .. no h-beams.

You can also run a floater rear end.

floaters

it dont make much sense to me to open up the pure streets to let them run floater rear ends, and keep a B modified class closed up so tight that none of the other tracks around can come and race. I heard something about malden running close to the same rules as you all have put togeather calling it a (Economy mod class), but look at the car counts they have had for that class, next to none, less than what the old sportsman cars were bringing to the rock before it shut down. just my opinion, but it aint lookin good for the new mod class!! :confused:

FLoaters

The reason for opening up the pure streets to run floaters is because the other local tracks allow them. Poplar Bluff had them this year and SFCR [we were told] will allow them next year. Since a floater rearend is safer [no broken axles flying around] and there is no distinct performance advantage, except being easier to work on, we felt it was the right thing to do.
As far as the B-mods, there has been an incredible amount of interest in this class. I get more calls from people wnting to know more about their rules than all other classes combined. The response has been far more positive than negative.
We are looking into making all rules effective for 3 years. This way you won't have to worry about what you buy this year being obselete next year. It will give you time to wear out what you buy.
DEREK DESPAIN

just my opinion, but it aint lookin good for the new mod class!! :confused:
You are absolutely WRONG about this.... I can't tell you how many phone calls I've had on this class and people stopping me wanting information. From what I've seen (and heard) this might be something very, very special we've started at Fredericktown.

Nathan

it dont make much sense to me to open up the pure streets to let them run floater rear ends, and keep a B modified class closed up so tight that none of the other tracks around can come and race. I heard something about malden running close to the same rules as you all have put togeather calling it a (Economy mod class), but look at the car counts they have had for that class, next to none, less than what the old sportsman cars were bringing to the rock before it shut down. just my opinion, but it aint lookin good for the new mod class!! :confused:
I agree with you; but I dont!! I believe you are wrong on the B-mod class.. I think it will go over because more guys can afford to build them. It is an easy step up from the purestreet class, or would have been!!! Now to where I agree with you!! The pure street class is no longer purestreet!! I dont care if Charlotte Motor Speedway is doing it!! They are screwing up a perfectly good class, by allowing I wants, and gimmes. Thats ALL this is, just a game... Whether for 'safety' or 'simplicity', whatever the excuse... You are very simply a sportsman on a limited motor. With out the rules freeze Derek spoke about, the class will be dead in 7 years! The freeze should have went into effect 5 years ago. before the vacuum rule went from 16 to 15. OR before the floater rule that the Bluff brought about for whatever reason! They may have been following suit from down south.. Regardless;.... Most of you are ignorant of the fact that you are on the wrong road. Next you will want floaters for the B-mod!! That makes more sense than floaters for, LISTEN CLOSELY..............PURESTREET!!! Oh!!! thats the class I'm running!!!?????? I thought it was the I'm gonna out dollar myself class!!!! Lets break that down. Purestreet 1. pure-clean unmolested, original, untarnished. etc...2. street-stock, what one would run normally on the street,lets see that would be stock.. Wheres the arguement? You NO LONGER have purestreets!! There is no arguement. You had a decent class to use a s a stepping stone to B-mods, now it in itself is more advanced than the B-mods. How can you justfy a PURESTREET being more expensive than a MODIFIED???? You all want to talk about safety... Thats fine ...run a stock 9 inch.. or an 8 inch.. that solves your safety problem. What??? you cant find the right width??? Thats funny!! My STOCK 10 bolt under my car is the right width!!!.. So is the STOCK 12 bolt under the other car!! Not to mention the STOCK 9 inch under the B-mod that is going together. So is it a case of necessity, or just I gotta have cause I want!!????? Go ahead with the rebuttals... My opinion wont be changed...I've been in this game long enough to know what are needs, and what are wants!!! Guess I'm out of luck on having a halfway affordable class to run Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate it!! Jason Brewington.

So Are You Saying The Rules Are The Same As The Other Tracks? With No Differance? That Means I Can Pick Up Any Set Of Rules And They Are All The Same In The Street Class? Just Wondering..........:d

Floaters

By the way Jason, FLOATERS are legal in the B-Mod class. The chassis is the same as a regular IMCA mod, including the rearend. The only difference is the engine and transmission.
DEREK

wow!!

sure didnt take much to make a stink on this subject, i was just putting my 2 cents out there. if all goes as planned, we'll be out in a mod this year of somesort, A, B, or something, how about bringing back the old sportsmans with the B-mods, just the way we use to run them, theres another idea. Nathan Gibson A.K.A. Round Boy Racing :eek:

I'd like to make a few points here. I'll try to make this plain and not ramble on. And Jason I agree & disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with the pure stock class. ITs just that the name doesnt really fit it any more. Most of the tracks that I have been to this summer that are running the "pure stocks" had good car counts, and excellent racing. They just need to rename it hobby stock, super street, sportsman etc. And keep the rule book the same. Now that we've changed the name:) lets use the pure stock name and have a real pure stock class. If we actually did that there would be some people screaming foul that we've done went and ruined everything (kinda like the idea of the b-mod class, which I think is one of the best ideas in racing in a long time.) :cool:

We're quickly approaching a time when the 70's and 80's model cars that we are running now are not as readily available. We are going to have to embrace something different or be totally aftermarket. I long for the days when we could race cheaply, the last car I ran at F'town was by no means a junker it had several new parts on it but when I sold it to Starla Lincoln for $1500 I never lost a nickel. By the way I won a few features in that same car. I just dont think those days can ever be brought back again.

Now here is the part that I disagree with. Let the floaters alone, you cannot run a stock GM rear end and keep your axles from breaking. Ask anyone who ran at Benton, Malden etc, where the rear ends were regularly checked. We averaged breaking an axle once a month and any incidental contact always broke an axle. If youve been around racing long enough you know what happens when a wheel gets loose on a track. I've seen cars upside from it and people in the stands injured.

I dont usually make long posts but this board has been really boring lately :p and I just wanted to waste some of your time as you read this. Thanks and bring on the b-mods!

What about the rules?

The rules are as previously posted except for the following:
Pure streets are allowed to have stock type replacement aftermarket rods.
Pure streets are also allowed floater rearends. This includes both aftermarket 9" Fords or 3/4 ton truck rearends.

For anyone who has raced for any length of time, these changes do not need an explanation. For anyone else, the aftermarket rods are cheaper to buy new than to rebuild and race prep a set of stockers. They are also more durable, thus engines last longer and that helps justify the use of them even more.
The floater rearend is SAFER!!! No matter what anyone says, if you run the stock rearend long enough, you are going to break an axle. Broken axles coming out and bouncing anywhere that they want to are dangerous. It is not fun driving around the track and seeing a tire with a 3 foot long spear sticking out of it coming at you. NOt to mention the fact of what happens to the car that the axle came out of. I can tell you from first hand experience what happens. You go into the corner, the RR axle breaks off, the housing digs into the ground and UP AND OVER YOU GO!!! It happened to me at FREDERICKTOWN.

Now there is no reason to argue, fit or fuss over it, these are the rules. They were not made based on one person's views. We can't please everyone, but we had the best interest of the majority of our racers in mind when these rules were made.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at THE ROCK next season. It will be fun.
FREDERICKTOWN TECH INSPECTOR
DEREK DESPAIN

Ok Whiterock. OBVIOUSLY........the rules are not the same at every track. And why is that??? Well, maybe, as Jason said, it's because everyone is whining about this and that and everything else and track owners and promoters and even tech guys are trying to please them in order to keep car count up. Well ya know what, my opinion, for what little it's worth, is that it's about time for the area track owners to get together, WITHOUT THE WHINING DRIVERS, and make up a set of rules for each class that would work everywhere and keep drivers as safe as possible, and then keep those rules. That way the drivers don't have to decide where to go, since the rules are the same they could just go to the nearest track. And if a driver doesn't like them, they can go elsewhere.... oh wait, that's right, the other tracks would have the same rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a deal.
Don't like their rules?? Then don't race cause you'd probably be the type that no one wants to run against anyway!!

I feel better now.

Shawnda

Just In Case You Are Wondering,i'm Building A Car For The Area,and I Want My Ducks In A Row.iwant A Car I Cannnnnnnnnn Race More Than One Place. You May Not Have Thought About It That Way With Your Car,but I Did See It Run At Farmington,how Did You Do ??? Smart ---!!!! Buy The Way I Feel Better Now Shawnda!!!!!!!

And obviously if all the rules were the same you could run it in more than one place instead of being stuck at one track. And I don't think the question is how the car ran at the Farmington track, the question should be what was in the car (or maybe what wasn't). When you are poor you can't expect much. But then again when you are trying to run a "PURE STREET" against a bunch of "SPORTSMEN" you're kinda screwed aren't ya????

Back