So how about...

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
It was discussed earlier about a tailgate party one night after the races started for everyone to get together again to BBQ, mix, say hi & cheer the re-opening of our beloved track.

Any takers?

Count me 90% in. I'm in the midst of filling out my vacation schedule for this year (it isn't due for a little while yet) and I'm taking off as many Friday's during the summer as I can. Soooo, odds are pretty good I'll be there. Hope all is progressing nicely for you racewidow.

All is well. We have approx 6 weeks to go. I feel about as big as a whale, but in reality I'm pretty lucky and it's all in my belly and I'm pretty small. Of course with 6 weeks to go, I'm sure I'll gain more here soon. Poor Rick has gained almost all my baby weight!

Great! Glad to hear all is going well. Will be looking forward to seeing you and the little racefan.

Not sure how soon I'll be bringing the little one with us, but I'm sure you'll see him or her soon enough. Did you know Simpson makes a carseat? It's adorable!!! I've been looking for a little "mock" firesuit, but haven't found one yet. The more I think about it, this child will be SO spoiled!!!!

Yes, he's a little spoiled, but not as spoiled as he does me in all honesty. He takes better care of me than I do.

What's funny is taking Rick to the toy department. He's got to play with all the buttons and make sure all the toys work. I watched him the other day and came to the realization I'll be raising TWO kids - hehehehe!!

" . . . I'll be raising TWO kids - hehehehe!!"

My wife could give you a few pointers on that score! And, I had to laugh when you mentioned the toy department. I used to collect die cast cars. Seems like anytime I was in the toy store to look at them the only people in that department were at least 30 years old. So, you probably have a LOT of company!

You know, I got tickled when he was playing with the Fisher Price barn the other day. You can tell he's a farm boy. Guess I'll have to get 2 of them so he and the baby can play together - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! :D

What I hate is that you cannot find decent Tonka trucks - like the ones when I was a kid. Now they're all plastic & don't seem as sturdy as the metal ones. I saw some a few years back, but they were at least $85. Pretty sad toys just aren't what they used to be.

You're right about Tonka trucks. I had saved most of mine with the idea in mind of giving them to my own kids one day. But, before I had a chance to give any to my oldest I was at an antique mall and saw a coke truck (MARX at that) just like mine - for $400!! Needless to say, I just went out and bought him his own. Back then, they were still metal and reasonably cheap. Tough little buggers too. I still remember seeing my son and his 'friend' Daniel throwing bricks at one of them. Don't ask why; I couldn't tell you anyway. Kids. Anyway, neither of my boys ever got any of my Tonkas after that. I'm saving them to help fund my retirement! LOL

I can help you with why - they were probably "wrecking" the trucks because they were so rugged. With the old Tonkas, when you banged your head or hand on them, you either had a concussion or needed stitches. They make things so sissyish these days. I loved my Tonkas - in fact, they ran over my Barbies in the mud.

racewidow said:
What I hate is that you cannot find decent Tonka trucks - like the ones when I was a kid. Now they're all plastic & don't seem as sturdy as the metal ones. I saw some a few years back, but they were at least $85. Pretty sad toys just aren't what they used to be.
I bought my used tonka truck at big pevely flee market for $5 bucks each:D :D :D

NO WAY!!!!!!! I'm jealous!!!! If you EVER see anything like that again, get them for me and I'll pay you for them and your gas!!

Cool! Thanks! Let me know where she got it - I'd love to have some of those whether this is a boy or girl!

How are your little ones, Smurf?

lets see brat brat and brat:D talked to mom she said she bought it at walmart maybe not tonka but it is all metal like a tonka:cool:

here a pic with them with there cousin and aunt from florida.... ps brecken has short hair now

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 136
Oh my GOSH!!!! They're getting SO BIG!!!! What are you and Trish feeding them - Miracle Grow????? Hey - give them all - including Momma a big hug from me, please!

Oh, and as if I really needed to tell you - when that gorgeous little girl of yours starts dating - you'll have your hands full!!

You can always do what my dad did - when the date shows up at the door, invite the boy in and talk to him while you're cleaning every gun you have! I was always home WAY before curfew!! For some reason, those boys never called back, either. :D

Back