some ?'s

Ramlus

I'm new to this and these may sound dumb but I need to know. I want to run a sportsman in the next couple of years at I-55. Once I buy the car how do I start racing? Do I just show up and pay to get in or do I have to become a member of A.A.R.A. or the track? Where do I get parts like tires and etc.? Where do I buy a driver suit? I'm probably missing some questions that I wanted to ask but this will give me a start.

I'm sorry for such dumb questions. :cool:

Thank you :)

Get a Pit Pass at the next race and ask a couple of Sportsman driver's if they could use an extra crew member for the rest of the season. I guarantee you'll learn more about how to get started racing in a few weeks watching someone else than a year of trying to figure it out on your own.

Good Luck!

Good point there....Even ask someone here if they could use an extra hand in the pits and meet them at that track...There should always be plenty of room for an extra person to help out..Just remember, you do need to buy a pit pass.

I do plan on trying to give some people help at the track but right now I do not have a way of getting there. That is why I won't be racing any time soon but still would like to figure out as much as possible before I go there.

EXTREME GRAPHICS out of St. Gen do a Fantastic job. Alot of the drivers at I-55 use these guys. Some Great people to work with. Also the is Beth Bob Schmidts (sp) 36 sportsman at I-55 that is getting into it this year also. She has really turned out some nice work also!!!!

Dirtgirl, is from your area. maybe if you talk sweet to her she'll give you a ride. From what I hear though, you'll have to be able to stay late......lol

All I can say is you can't be afraid of the dark to hang out with us lol !!! :D
And you are more than WELCOME to stop by and see whats going on. Just P.M. me

Extreme Graphics Good deal, Wimpy is a great guy u can talk to him by Weber's tralior 95% of the night other 5% going to bathroom LoL.
DirtGirl Who do u go Down there to hang out with and/or watch?

I am with Chris Soutiea C4 Modified driver. Have been with them for about 11 years. Wimpy is a GREAT GUY!!! Hey Wimpy did I say " I LOVE YOU MAN " ???? You know why and I appreciate you getting the lettering to me that I needed... Hopefully I can use it before the season is over if not then I have 2 of them :D ;) You are the best!!! And jaashemi stop by the trailer and visit sometime.. Always nice to meet the internet people !!!
And Wimpy does his weekly tours so keep an eye out for him in the pits anywhere..

I was at Bull Shoals Ark for 5 days. The ONE weekend Gus will give up racing for boating... Did I mention Sundays are for boating??? :D :D I missed you to hound dog. Have fun and be safe at Earls ;) Bring me something back like a cool new drinking cup has to have a handle for the seat belt... ;)

Jaas I am with the C4 modifies black and blue Chris Soutiea. I know Eppersons and Webers cars very well.. Stop by later after I make my rounds. I am usually there about the time the lights go out!!! :D

Back