Some Very Creative Promoting!!

Saw this on another board and thought it was worth posting. I'd say this guy is serious about promoting his track......or crazy!

Greg Cooper
owner
Grayson County Speedway
(661)205-9933
ranajs79@yahoo.com

First we want to start by thanking each and every one of you for making 2010 one of the most succesfull years in GCS history. Great car counts, Great spectator counts and one hell of a good show week in and week out. We see no reason why attendance wont continue to rise as word gets out in the community about what we are doing and what an awesome show goes on every Sat night. With the support of you, our many new sponsors, and the surrounding race fans, we feel that we can offer the following package for the 2011 race year.

It is ambitious, it is expensive, and some might call it nuts, but in a time when many tracks are raising pit prices, having trouble staying open and losing consumers, we are taking the initiative to move forward, help the racers, and ensure increased attendance. We will push through the tough economic times and ensure that 37 years of racing wasn't a fluke. Welcome to 2011, the year things got even better at GCS.

We will need your help to pull this off. We need your neighbors, your coworkers and your relatives to pack the stands every night. We also need the racers in big numbers to help out. So make some calls, invite your buddies that havn't been racing, Help someone fix a car. WE ARE A TEAM!

1.Pay one pit pass race for free all year!

A.Drivers pay the standard $25 on first night.
B.For the remainder of the year, driver who raced the previous night gets in for free!
C.Miss a week, pay when you get back and you’re free until you miss again!
D.This is a free $625.00 in your pocket!
E.This will not apply to big shows.
F.If you are dq’d for the night for behavior of yourself or crew you will pay the returning week.
G.1 driver, racing multiple cars, pays 1 pit pass for additional car.
H.This is based on your great support last year. GCS reserves the right to cancel policy.

2.More rewards for attendance

A.We will buy a trophy for everyone who races 80% or more of the held events.
B.If that’s 1 per class that’s what we will buy, if that’s 25 per class then we buy 25.
C.If you run an IMCA class and run 80% of our events we will reimburse your IMCA license!
D.Perfect attendance receives GCS jacket.

3.GCS will sponsor your race team!

A.Cover your rear panel or left side quarter with “Follow me to Grayson County Speedway” and carry an 16” by 8” GCS oval logo on your passenger side to receive $20 bonus every time you place top 4! Classes with less than 10 cars will pay $5.
B.Have the sticker of your choosing 12” x 18” minimum on the back window of your tow vehicle for a chance to win one of 3 cash rewards every race night. On nights with over 70 cars racing, we will randomly pay out a $20, $40, and $75 cash prize by drawing names of those with the sticker. Be creative. Must include “Grayson County Speedway”, “Saturday Night” and “Bells, Tx”.
Examples “I risk my life every Sat at Grayson County Speedway in Bells TX. Come Cheer for me!” “On Saturdays I’m the villain at Grayson County Speedway in Bells TX” “Come watch me get screwed this Saturday at Grayson County Speedway in Bells TX” ……you get the point. Have fun, advertise, and get paid!

4.Championship Pay! ALL CLASSES PAY THE SAME!

A.Top 5 in points will receive Championship Pay at end of season
Average nightly class car count in your class times $100.00 = total class pay out.
Champion gets 50%, 2nd gets 20%, 3rd gets 15%, 4th gets 10%, 5th gets 5%
Example 20 car average- Champion gets $1000, 2nd gets $400, 3rd gets $300, 4th gets $200, 5th gets $100

First weekend of April is the target. No sence in battling the weather or in stretching the season longer for racers budgets.

What do you think?

BusDriver

Ya that's pretty crazy, but them guys that are getting in free are probably bringing in others to offset the cost, and probably more willing to eat at the concession stand and spend that money either way. I'd be happy if tracks around here gave all drivers just one or two free nights.

I raced at that track back in the 80's when it was owned by Benny Busby.. This track is out in the middle of nothing. You have to drive about 8-10 miles down a gravel road to get to the track. Wasn't the best track in the world, but had fun there.

It we got in free every night except the first one, you're right.. I'd be more willing to spend the money at the track, and I would bring out everyone I could.

Look at the championship payout.. That's pretty cool.

Some good ideas, some others I'm not too sure about but the big thing is the guy is promoting. Not sitting back and letting cars show up, race and leave and then blaming the economy when times are tough.

Also, I bet this owner knows the names and probably knows the individual in the top 5 in each class. This would be a stretch for a lot of tracks I've been to.

wow, a promoter that is promoting and thinking 'outside of the box', that is weird. sounds like a place i would like to race

Based on 100+ cars/night, he's losing out on $2500+/night at the back gate...I wonder what that makes the weekly payout look like. Probably wouldn't work if they were runnings superlates or sprints.

Definately creative promoting though.

What it does do is get the guys to show up and race every week since if they miss a week they have to pay for a pit pass the next time they do show up. It helps deter guys (with their paying crew and family) from going off to race somewhere else occasionally or deciding not to race one night. Just more motivation to show up and race there.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for them.

Back