Some ?

Ramlus

I'm new to this and these may sound dumb but I need to know. I want to run a sportsman in the next couple of years at I-55. Once I buy the car how do I start racing? Do I just show up and pay to get in or do I have to become a member of A.A.R.A. or the track? Where do I get parts like tires and etc.? When I get a sponsor where do I get decales? I know going down in the pits will help me but I don't have a way down there right now. That's why I'm not racing for a couple of years.

Thank you

Ramlus said:
I'm new to this and these may sound dumb but I need to know. I want to run a sportsman in the next couple of years at I-55. Once I buy the car how do I start racing? Do I just show up and pay to get in or do I have to become a member of A.A.R.A. or the track? Where do I get parts like tires and etc.? When I get a sponsor where do I get decales? I know going down in the pits will help me but I don't have a way down there right now. That's why I'm not racing for a couple of years.

Thank you
if you really want to get into it, start by getting the money together for a pit pass each week, and introduce yourself around to the guys driving sportsman there. Ask them whatever you can think of. some will pull your leg a bit, but most will be straight with you. really, there are many ways to go racing, i think everybody at the track kinda does their own thing a bit. you just gotta decide whats gonna work out for you the best. good luck and have fun.

You can go to the I55 web site and get the rules for the sportman division that should help you a bit. Also go talk to Danny Dixon he will help you out.

Since you might not be racing for another year or so, you might want to try to hook up with a team and try to learn about the cars and track. Most teams are looking for help. Be prepared to help on and off the track!

Mike

Back