Someone in Highland can you help me?

Lve50Racing

Co11inz Fan
I'm looking for away to find out any information on a fire that happened on Jan 5th 2005. The man who died in the fire was a very good friend of mine. Any help you could give me we be great.

Thank You

Just found this on KMOV.com

Woman hurt in fire released from hospital, arrested
07:24 AM CST on Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Creve Coeur, Mo. (AP) -- An Illinois woman seriously burned in a fire that killed her husband has been released from the hospital and arrested for fraud.

Tammy Englerth of Highland,Illinois was arrested Sunday by police in Creve Coeur, Missouri, on a bank fraud charge and for failing to appear in a Madison County, Illinois court for sentencing on a felony theft conviction.

Englerth was injured in the January Fifth fire at the couple's duplex. Her husband died six days later of burns.

A search warrant says that after the fire, investigators found a lighter, a gas can and a vial containing fire accelerant.

Englerth filed for divorce in July, but the two remained married and continued to live together.

If you need more info. you can contact me, I'm sure I can pull up an old Highland News Leader for you to have. I remember that this issue was on the front page.
1-618-334-5460
Cassi Crockett

I don't have a phone right now I get online at a friends if you would be willing to get that paper for me that would be great. You could mail it to me I will be willing to pay the postage for it. E-mail me or pm me.

Thank you

This story, I know channel 2 for sure, has covered it also. They have convicted his wife Tammy for actually starting the fire. It should be replayed tonight, also it is on their website.

Highland Police plan to seek murder charges today against a Highland woman whose husband died of injuries from a fire at their duplex.

Police Chief Bill Pierce on Tuesday said police suspect Tammy Englerth set her husband, Christopher Englerth, on fire Jan. 5. The level of the charges will be determined by prosecutors in the Madison County state's attorney's office, he said.

The Englerths, formerly of Belleville, were home on the morning of the fire, as was one of their three children.

"We've got our lab reports back, which confirmed our suspicions that the fire was intentionally set in the bedroom, causing the death of her husband," Pierce said.

Police found signs of arson in the house, including a gas can. A suspected accelerant was found on a bed and a lighter was found at the foot of the bed.

Pierce said police interviewed Tammy Englerth on Tuesday morning.

"They had previous marital problems, but we don't know that was the motive," he said. "I don't know that we know exactly why this occurred."

On the day of the fire, Tammy Englerth, 32, was to be sentenced on charges of stealing $16,433 from a chocolate shop where she worked.

The day before, she was charged with fraud for allegedly writing a bad check for $5,775 to a bank and then trying to withdraw the money. She had not yet been arrested on that charge.

Tammy Englerth filed for divorce in July, but never followed through. In divorce papers, she accused Christopher Englerth, 30, of "extreme mental cruelty." However, the couple continued to live together.

The child was not harmed in the fire. Tammy Englerth suffered burns to her hands and an ankle and had some hair singed. She was hospitalized for nearly three weeks at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur, Mo.

Tammy Englerth was released from the hospital on Sunday and was immediately arrested by Creve Coeur Police on the bank fraud charges and failure to appear for her sentencing. She remained in the Madison County Jail on Tuesday.

Christopher Englerth suffered burns on his entire body. He was hospitalized and died of his injuries Jan. 11.

Back