Southern SuperTruck Series announced for southeast

For immediate release
RaceProMarketing (contact at racepromarketing@yahoo.com)

SOUTHERN SUPERTRUCK SERIES
Re: New series planned for 2010
Contact: Bill Mahan: (256) 468-7494; southernsupertrucks@yahoo.com

Mahan unveils plans for diverse truck series in Southeast
LACEY’S SPRING, Ala. (Jan. 5) – Bill Mahan hopes to make race trucks as popular on dirt ovals as they are on asphalt. In fact, the Lacey’s Spring, Ala., native hopes they can become equally popular on both surfaces – and affordable to race as well.
Mahan, a longtime driver on both asphalt and dirt, is heading the newly-formed Southern Super Truck Series presented by Riverside Gun, Pawn, Auto & Tire. Mahan plans to stage half of the $1,500-to-win events on asphalt and half on dirt, making it one of the most diverse racing series in America. Headquartered in northern Alabama, the series will pay $2,500 to its champion based on a 20-race schedule in the southeast.
“I love racing on asphalt, but my heart is in dirt racing. I feel like there are a lot of good drivers who come from the dirt ranks,” said Mahan. “I don’t see any reason why these trucks can’t run on both surfaces. To me, it will give us a chance to find out who the best drivers are. There are some who will have an advantage on dirt and some who will have an advantage on asphalt.”
Events on dirt ovals will be 50-lappers, while events on asphalt tracks will be 75 laps.
Mahan, who has had success on both asphalt and dirt, wants to keep costs down in a sport that’s always tugging on the wallet. A diverse ability among the drivers, along with the ability to balance their check book is what Mahan hopes his Southern SuperTruck Series can showcase. While the diversity part is up to the drivers, Mahan hopes the series tire rule will make it easier on the drivers as they switch back and forth from the two varying surfaces.
Drivers will be required to run a D.O.T. street radial. Racing tires will not be permitted. Instead, any brand 275/60/15 or 255/60/15 is legal. They must punch 60 on the Series durometer. Full series rules will be available online soon.
With drivers in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee showing interest, Mahan is currently in the process of putting together a schedule for the 2010 season. The series’ website www.southernsupertrucks.com is under construction and will be up and running soon.
For more information regarding rules about the south’s most unique, exciting new racing series, or to talk to Mahan about sponsorship opportunities, call (256) 468-7494. E-mail inquiries can be made at southernsupertrucks@yahoo.com. Any track interested in scheduling what should be one of the most interesting racing series of 2010 can call or e-mail Mahan.
The Southern SuperTruck Series: Rippin’ up asphalt and slingin’ dirt in 2K10!

Back