Special meeting Feb. 7 for SFCR racers

Millsey

FARMINGTON, Mo. -- The St. Francois County Raceway will hold a special meeting at 2 p.m., on Saturday, Feb. 7th, at Ryan's Steakhouse in Farmington for both the Modified and Sportsmen (formerly Hobby Stock) classes.
Rules and regulations of those classes for the 2004 season along with other changes due to the promoter change will be discussed.
This is an extremely important meeting for members of those two classes. For more information on the St. Francois County Raceway contact Cory Franklin at (573) 438-4546.

Jeff,
It is my understanding that the deal is still not done for the new promoter. Is it going to be done before Feb 7th? I would hate for him to tell the drivers about new rules and then the deal fall through and the drivers be out in the cold as to what is going on. I also think he needs to wait until it is official before collecting money for the rental of concrete pads and sponsors. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Cory taking over, but a lot can happen in deals like this.

Either way they are going to have to plan for the season. I don't think they can afford to wait until the final second. Believe me I understand where you are coming from.

Modified Rule Changes

I will not be able to be at the meeting will there be any changes to the modifeds next year? If so what????

I talked to Cory Franklin the other day and he said that there would be no changes to the modifieds still running IMCA rules but I don't know about any of the other classes.

Back