Special Thanks

A special thanks to Kevin "grape ape" Sellers for running my car sat night so I could make the trip to sikeston dragstrip. All in all it was a great night, i got to watch a buddy make some killer passes in his 63 corvette with a 427 small block and a blower, and i also made some extra money on sat night i paid for kevins entry fee and gas and everything to run my car and told him if he won we would split the winnings. So i made some extra cash, kept my points lead, and got to see some great drag racing in sikeston, so all in all a great night. And ive ordered some new springs, i should launch a lot better this coming week so maybe i can run some even faster passes...

the first place race was real close i ran a 5.59 to kevins 5.60 it was so close we couldnt tell who won it was a great race in top eliminator it wasnt even close my car wouldnt rev up after i staged it it just fell on its face

what the heck was he doing running a 5.60 lol, todd said he moved the timing to 40degrees and it was to much and it slowed him down, he moved it back and adjusted the clutch and kevins next pass was a 5.44, but its not launching at all, so i think when i get it launching i should be in the 5.3's.

ya never know with these crazy vws i was pretty pi$$ed off last night after the top e race not at nobody but myself but then once we got it home we figured out what the problem was i run a canister style fuel filter its pretty much the same thing as a oil filter setup on our cars anyway the element inside the filter came apart and filled the carbs full of guaze or whatever is inside them things so hopefully by this weekend well get it lined out

todd should be ready to race sat night, he left for kc this afternoon and sherwood and i was about to put the motor in the car to fire it up, but everytime we turned it over we could feel the timing gear hitting the distributor, well after about an hour of wondering what the heck we realized what the problem was, Sherwood had accidently put the timing gear in wrong, he had the spacer and the gear in the wrong spots, so we had to tear it all apart and fix it, but its now ready to go back together, it just goes to show u how easy it is to make a mistake like that, how many motors do u think sherwood has built i would guess well over 500 and then to make it worse, he realized he had done the same thing on kevins motor, thats why there was brass shavings in the motor and why it was jumping time so bad, whats the chances of 2 motors in a row just goes to show how easy it is to make a mistake..

wow thats crazy stuff like you said anybody can make mistakes just imigine if you were the one that done and how much crap you would get off that. it looks like we will have a good year this year dad should have his car out this weekend he pulled the old wrench it car out saturday after sitting for two years and branda ran 5.6s all night with it i couldnt believe it ive got to get a set of plugs for mine and a new fuel filterand some other little stuff i still dont think i like my new cam it just dosent seem like it pulls as hard as it did last year

hopefully this new set of springs is what i need, my plans are once we get the suspension where we want it, then im going to pull my motor and redo it, but im going to wait till the suspension is right first. and with us having an off week after this coming weekend, that would be the perfect chance.

yeah iforgot we werent racing the 30th glad you mentioned it well i guess im gonna get for the ight ill talk at ya tommorow see ya

hey jeremy where did you guys find your hardered gears for the stock buggys at. im pretty sure kevin told us but i forgot where he said yall found them?

our what? im guessing u mean heavy duty gears, im not really sure u would have to ask him, he never got them hes running the regular gears i dont know what u would call them i guess standard.

yeah i was meaning tranny gears but i see know i misspelled it any way no big deal i thought he said at the rules meeting that he found some or something. so is your car ready for this weekend?

i dont rem adam the gears he was talking about if u rem wasnt the same stock ratio or whatever so they was voted down, yes my car is ready, i took off the carb last night and cleaned all the sand out of it, its getting a lot of sand in it, i dont see how it was running right at all.

i got ya i remember now but it seems like somebody told me they found a set maybe it was matt oh well trust me i know all about carbs full of trash it cost me a race saturday night. is it getting sand past the air filter of in the float bowl?

it was everywhere, not just the float bowl, im just amazed after i tore it totally down it still starts and runs after i touched it
haha, todds motor is together and ready to sit in the car, well we gotta make the plug wires tomorow night, and then bolt the header on and its ready to drop in. so maybe thur night we can fire it up, but todd will be home from kc friday about 5, so we might wait on him before we fire it up.

do you use filter oil on your air filtermine done the same thing when i ;first put them on new but they dont have any oil on them and the **** dust and sand right through the filter. well hopefully all goes well for todd the way corey talked saturday he might have the coffee break car out this weekend all he said he was waiting on was a msd box

yea i hope things go well for todd and shwerwood, corey was trying to make it out last week but his msd box was no good, troy is thinking about racing this weekend, and there was a guy over tonight whos boy has a dragster with a 1100 gsx street bike engine on it and hes going to maybe race this weekend he ran it once at sikeston on the 1/8 and ran it in 5.20 secs @130mph.

130 is that it lol well i cant say to much my buggy would prolly run that. well i guess the whole crew will be there this weekend hopefully the weather will be nice saturday. ive still got some work to do on the car ive just been busy trying to get everything ready to start school

oh no school that dont sound like much fun at all, danny called me tonight my springs are in i just gotta go by and pick them up from him, so between them and a clean carb maybe i can run better

Back