Speedometer Question...

baze6727

Sorry guys i know this is off the racing path here. I recently bought a 2000 S10 Extreme and noticed the speedometer seemed to be reading wrong. It reads in the range of 5-10 MPH fast. I know it has wider wheels and tires and i was wondering if/how you can adjust it. Thanks for any help!!

Its not how wide the are, what the problem is, the tire is taller and or smaller,,the do make a part that goes on the tranny where the cable goes into the tranny,check with a tire store,,the should point you in the way you need to go!!!

on a 2000 car..most of this is electronically controlled. There is a procedure you can do..but you need a scan tool..to reprogram the speedo. Thats what you need to do..find the tire size..there is a chart..and reprogram i believe the ecm to accept the new readings from tire rpm's

gotta reprogram the computer, probally your only option is the dealer, They charge about a hundred bucks to update an OBD computer, I know for a fact they can change the speedo parameters for different size tires, But i don't know for sure if they will, Other than the dealer a repair shop with the OTC Genysis or Mac Mentor scanners & the high dollar G.M. reprogramming software ( also requires a P.C. to hook all this up to) normally I could do it for ya but my reprogramming stuff is down and not sure when I'll get it up and running again.
Ya might check with some of the tire shops that sell custom wheels and such as I would think they should have the capability when they put them 21's on a car.

Back