SpeedTV

pwrslide

One would wonder why Speed TV doesn't show more dirt late model racing. As per Larry Jewett in Circle Track magazine there are 1043 race tracks listed in the United States and 791 of them are dirt tracks, that is like 3 of every 4 are dirt tracks. It would help boost attendance at these facilities if more knew how excting these races are. It would also let more race teams and their sponsers be noticed too. And we can't enjoy racing if the teams don't have some sponsers. Not all people want to see the ASA, Hooters Pro Cup or Nascar events. How many others want to be able to watch dirt tract racing at the many dirt tracks that may be too far to travel too. They do have some more Stacker 2 shows on tap for July and after but how about the lesser known but just as exciting racing action at the many great racing facilities across our great nation. Maybe we can all start a letter writing campaign to see if we can get them to show more dirt racing. Some of the best racing action I have been too were at the old Concord Speedway (not Concord Motorsports Park) and Metrolina, and Cherokee speedway. I have traveld all over our country during my service days and have got to many great dirt tracks and seen many great races. I hope one day we can see them on Speed TV. I for one could care less about F1 or rally races.

With the exception of NASCAR, every series that is on SPEED (or any other network, for that matter) pays for the time. If there's enough sponsor support, anything will make it on the air. That's hwy we're seeing more "reality shows" like Texas Hardtails and Michael Waltrip's Celebrity Poker. That's where corporate America wants to put their dollars.

How About More Racing Period And Less Reality Shows Even Car And Driver And Legends Of Motorsports Are Better Than That Crap

Back