Sportsman/Streetstock

jeffleigh

Just Jeff
I go to a lot of race tracks in the stlouis area, such as I55, Tri-City, Bellville,and SFCR. Could somebody please explain the difference in Sportsman cars at different tracks. What is the difference in a car that allied runs at Bellville and Pevely from one that runs at SFCR,or any other track. What is the difference between a Sportsman and a Streetstock? Is it just a couple of small things like tires?

Last year the big difference was heads. Now at Belleville and Pevely we can run the good heads now so we have stepped up the program there. Belleville and pevely are the only tracks in this area that still run the skinny hoosier tires. They need to let us run e-mods. Heck they are only $10.00 more than the ones we have to run. Then the only other big differance in the different tracks in this area is the rear suspension. Some are still stock 4 link, some are rubber biscuit pull bars, and some can run a spring loaded pull bar. Alot of it is driver preference. Horton won the championship at pevely with a 4 link and many look down on it but obvisously it works....lol....But other than that stuff the only tracks in this area that have the same rules is belleville and pevely and that is only because they are both run by allied. So pretty much where ever you go the rules will be different. We are one of the only classes that have some many different rules at different tracks. It ****s because we can not travel to many tracks without having to change alot to be competitive or legal for that track. Look for more people to start moving up in the future because they want to have the same rules everywhere (UMP). I know this may be my last year in a sportsman. The plans are brewing for a modified in 2006. But only time will tell. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Tom

Tcs, Highland, Godfrey Are Pretty Close If Not The Same.

Montgomery County And Brownstown Would Be With Them Except For A Couple Exceptions. Mont Co Doesn't Allow 3-link Rear Suspension. Not Sure If They Allow E-mods. Brownstown Allows 4 Bbl's.

Sfcr Allows Vortechs But I'm Not Sure About Aftermarket Heads Such As Darts. They Used To No Allow Aftermarket Heads. They Used To Not Allow 3-links. Not Sure If They Have Changed That Or Not Either.

Allied??? They Are Allowing Aftermarket Heads(no Vortechs) This Year. But, They Have A Compression Limit. They Also Have Rules Concerning Intakes And Rods And A Couple Other Things.

MCS only allows Super streets and dirt streets. The only change this year is the Front tubular upper control arms.

Beau

Back