Sportsman winner at highland last night

3eF56A29N97

i love the phot on www.leemanphoto.com that shows that DAVE THORTON beat aaron kline. i thought that when the announcer said that it was a photo finish they would look at a picture but no that just yelled that the photographer i think that was stupid. i would like to say to aaron kline that the fans all know who really won i sat right on the line and DAVE THORTON won i just thought that when dave said THE FANS KNOW WHO REALLY WON all the fans cheered the he said aaron kline and all the fans booooood whats up with that and kline would purpusly slow down just so harrison could cat up but he never got it to work MR. DAVID THORTON was to smart for that DAVE won by at least 1 foot i talk to a couple officail that said DAVE won but good old charlie said the scores seen what they seen and dont need any help from anyone else :confused: how many people does it take to tell charlie that aaron kline did not win im not sure but i do know that MR. LEEMAN better have a lot of pictures printed (WHEN DAVE THORTON WON THE FEATURE) because i know that i am going to give one to charlie and i am going to get a shirt or even a couple shirts made with that picture on them

where is the start/finish line at in that photo, the race ends at the finish line not a few feet after or a few feet before it. wish they had a better photo.

I would love for Thornton to have won the race. But the picture is useless. As everyone states you can't even see the flagstand. Making shirts would be a waste of $ and you'd look like an idiot because everyone knows the picture is useless. Too bad the photographer couldn't have been closer to the finish line. Maybe Thornton can prove he deserves a win this Saturday by taking the trophy in the feature! Good luck David and keep up the great racing in the #441.

no if u look hard enoughyt u can see the flag pole and i was sittin behind the flag pole and thorton won by at least foot and the photograph got yeld ast for trying to show the pic at the angle the pic is it would have made klien look like he was in front if they were side by side but u can see in the pic it look like THORTON is about inches in front so in reality THORTON would have won by at least 1 foot learn some geomitry and trig and u will figure this out k

First The Finish Line Is At The Flag Stand In Front Of The Scorers.

Second The Photo Is Before The Start Finish Line

Last You Need To Learn That At Highland And Most Tracks The Car On The Outside Will Have More Momentum Down The Straight And If They Are Side By Side Comming Off The Corner The Car On The Outside Will Beat The Car On The Bottom To The Finish Line.

That Is The Truth For Most Sportsman And Bomber Cars, Mods And Latemodels Are Different, Because They Pull Off The Bottom So Much Better And Can Beat The Car On The Top To The Finish Line.
You Should Really Drop Your Argument About The Photo... It Make You Look Like A Fool

u doosh dave won by like 1 foot i was in the stands looking right at the line ok were u there at the same place
everybody there thought dave won so booyah

Not everybody saw it like you say you did, you dork! speak for yourself. the officials made the call - Kleine won. get over it!

Just thought i like to tell everyone that you need to go to my site and order any photos i was released of my duties at Fayette co and highland for my photo. i hope to here from you all. that ******* photo cost me about $700.00 in unsold photos and posters. wwww.leemanphoto.com

the flagstand

if you look at the photo in question, up close you see a red blur in the grand stand area, behind the double metal guard rail. Guessing that is what people think is the flagman.
Now if you go to the leemanphoto web sight, look online for pics from the summer nationals on that date, check out the late model pics. Number 78 of136 which is pic IMG_7072 had a more clear pic of the flag stand. Notice he wore a white shirt that night. He is right above the tail of the black 25 frankie car. You can also see the Carson green shirts to the left of him if you look.
And also notice that the pic in question for the sportsman feature has a metal guard rail all the way across it. The late model pic with the better view of the flag stand and the finish line shows the guardrail ends before the flagstand. If you ever look in that area while you are there you will notice a gate instead of a rail and from watching them climb up there must be some sort of foot hole in the concrete.
I left myself after the mod feature, getting up at 3 am and hour drive you have to get going sometime. Sounds like a close race though.
Not taking sides, just using my eyes. Did not even need trig to notice the rail. Randy :)

who is at the tail of frankies car i know that u werent talkin about me because i was in the pits till the features and plus i was wear a blue shirt

the photo was snapped at about 8-10 feet in front of the finish line. i only had a split second to get it at the line and zoomed in to tight. the line is about three feet to the left of the photo

thas alright scott.its the best u could do.i disagree wit the decision to fire u but i promise that i will b ordering photos from u really soon.thanxs for the good times.

Thats really dumb that they fire u for the picture.. i hope you find a better job, and more appreciative people to work for!

3eF56A29N97 , you were the one that said "no if u look hard enoughyt u can see the flag pole" the pic has the metal guard rail through the whole pic which means you can not see the flag stand since it is after the guard rail. Above the photo I mentioned you can see the flag man and he is wearing white. I do not know why the photographer would be let go for this pic which shows nothing anyway. and the photo finish is just an expresion without some expensive equipment. I thought leemanphoto does a fine job. And even helps out on the track also some. I just see no reason for letting him go at all. Cya at the race's.. randy :)

randyd2 no if u look hard enough and take the picture to like a microstoft paint program and in hance that side of the pic and clear it up u will see what i mean u can see part of it

the picture doesn't prove anything. The finish line is another 20 feet from where they are. just look at any pic that shows the entire front stretch you will see the black mark that is right at the nose of the 2 car is 20 feet or more from the flag stand. Don't get me wrong here i would rather see anybody win besides one of the 2 cars but you have to be a little realistic here. stop the crying its over,done and can't be changed

Scott. I hope to see you somewhere real soon. You did a very excellent job this year, and I WILL be buying some photo's from you to create an album. Just wainting to the end of the year to buy a whole bunch. Thansk for the pic's and hope you can pay for that new camera somewhere.

B.J. Deal

1st , not even close to finish line . 2nd what lap is it , 3rd why would Scott run up and show Thornton the picture , whe you knew it wasn't the finish line . Sounds like Scott started his own crap .

Back