Sportsmen last season at sfcr?

Forsterfan

R.I.P Grandma 1914-2006
I was told by another fan that all the sportsmen drivers were told that they would no longer be racing at sfcr after this season, could someone please tell me if this is true? Thank you!!! :confused:

Damn.....that means no more "AS THE SPEEDWAY TURNS".:(

What will we do for our daily dose of soap opera theatre then????:D

Sorry Jeff, couldn't resist.:D

Seriously though, there needs to be more than 10 cars show up each night to race. Same thing happened with the Late Models few years back.

Well then, we need to know what class some of the s*** disturbers are going into so we can stay out of that one!

Everyone has seen this coming for a LONG time!!!! I will actually be surprised if the sportsmen class makes it the whole season, but only time will tell that. Well, Tom, how many of these guys do you see moving up into a sprint car or a multi???? Probably not too many. So, it appears that there are only a few choices......either move to Pevely and run with their Sportsman class (which, by the way, you know is TOUGH, yet GREAT competition), move up into the modified class (which if I was guessing, is probably what many of them will do....which could make for about 40 mods a night at SFCR) or move "down" so to speak into the Pure Street class (which I doubt many, if any, will do), or just get out of racing all together. But, no matter what class ya go to or what track you're at, there are always gonna be sh!t disturbers (which is a matter of ones opinion).

I'm actually screwed on this one. I already got stuff running in most of the other classes. The only thing I hope does not happen is a few "bad apples" don't decide to take this show on the road and go to Pevely. I seriously doubt that the track will put up with even a fraction of the crap that SFCR has. No dig on Corey,he did all he could to keep them, but we ALL just couldn't play well with certain others. If everybody could behave themselves, maybe it would be a good move. If nothing else, it will have a humbling effect on most. Pevely is a very difficult place to win at. It took us until our third season to get our first win there!

I couldn't agree with you more....I hope a few "bad apples" don't decide to take their show to Pevely.......BUT, on the flip side of that, it may be good for them because we all know that the track will put an end to things up there. Besides, how many times has Mike's car been teched this year??????????? Alot of people don't like Allied, but I think they do an excellent job! Pevely has a great thing going and it's obvious by looking at their car count in the Sportsman division. TOUGH competion in the class, but GREAT racing!!! You're right, it will have a humbling effect on most (if it hasn't already in the past with the Sportsman Fall Nationals). Pevely is a difficult place to win at...it takes some time to figure it out. But, I think we have guys at SFCR (Matt, Kasey, Doug, Kevin, etc) that could go up there and figure it out and get some wins. It may be difficult, but it's not impossible! Look at Chuck Adams. Alot of people said he would go up there and get waxed and best I can tell, he's having himself a pretty good season. Was in the Top 5 in points and leading in the rookie points. The times I have been there, he has done well. A little time and patience and these guys could figure it out. I don't think there will ever be a car to absolutely dominate that class there though...and that's what the fans like about it.

Yeah,it might be a good thing to have all the sportsman cars I help at the same track! I bet alot of the Pevely sportsman racers that happen to read this are going "OH NO"!
P.S. Any reason why you didn't mention my good buddy Dusty? Just messing with you! HA HA

Nah, I doubt any of the Pevely sportsman racers are reading this and saying "OH NO" because they know how things work up there. My family and I know MANY of the drivers and workers at that track and we enjoy our annual trips that we get to make there. Last year, Matt won his heat race, made the dash, and finished 8th in the feature at the Sportsman Fall Nationals. We had a GREAT time! We talk to Belkin and several of the drivers quite often. And, yeah, there is GOOD reason why I didn't mention your good buddy Dusty!

Just to let ya all know not every sportsmen driver is a sh*t disturber and I am not only talking about Randy. However, I do understand that there is not alot of sportsmen left, but atleast they didn't just say on a saturday night that they would not get to race at all. They did give them the rest of the season! So to all the sportsmen drivers who aren't sh*t disturbers go get em' you better make it count this is the last season at sfcr so make all your fans proud..
Randy Forster, how about a win man. Watched you do it a few times, would like to see a few more before sportsmen are extinct at sfcr. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!1

my opion is who would put 10 or 15 thousand dollars in a car and only get 250 to win ? they need to cut down on their class and up the pay out.with the cost of getting to the races the price it takes to get in ect. ect ect. I would bump sprints to 3000 sports to 400 and hobby to 300.

skoob03 said:
my opion is who would put 10 or 15 thousand dollars in a car and only get 250 to win ? they need to cut down on their class and up the pay out.with the cost of getting to the races the price it takes to get in ect. ect ect. I would bump sprints to 3000 sports to 400 and hobby to 300.
Spoken like a Saturday night only fan of the sport. And where is this extra money going to come from to give out all this extra pay? Believe me, if they could afford to make the payouts bigger they would, but it's just not possible. That's why next year there will only be four regular classes. It will allow for special groups to make visits and give more flexibility to the schedule too...

Last I Heard, Allied Didn't Allow Vortech Heads. So Any Of Them That Run Them Down There Will Have To Change To Come To I55 During The Regular Season.

i know that lots of the sportsmens went to pevely. Some drivers told me that they are not going back to sfcr never again. So sorry guys about hear that its last year for you guys.

Back