Spring Behind????

31bro

We have started running spring behind this year and our car is great in the heat but lacks drive when it slicks off. What can we do? Stiffer left rear spring or softer right rear? Move bars? We are just can't figure out what to do. The car drives good just can't put it in victory lane.
Spring rates
lr 750 rf650
lr 225 rr 200
We are running a jbar and the bars are in the neutral holes. The track is a 3/8 high bank. Any help would be appreciated.

drop the left upper bar down a hole on the top of the birdcage,and put a 1 inch longer Left bottom bar in then check your chain to make sure it doesn't over index,you may have to soften the right front spring after this adjustment,and if you don't have the holes to do this drill them its a big improvement and a common adj. on springbehind cars.

Are you clamped LR or Floated..dont move the spring,Leave it behind the LR..I like the Clamped setup..I found that moving the pullbar over the centerline of the pinion made a huge change,as well as raising a hole on the pinion and a inch on the frame when it slicks off..I have tried everything under the sun,i hated the way the car felt with the 4 bar LR floated setup.i clamped it up and put the spring behind the LR and the car was fast everytime it hit the track i always just got caught up in the BS.Many nights i went from 17th or 18th to top 7..

Thanks for all the responses. Okay last night we shortened up the right lower bar 2 inches(14 inches) and had a long bar on the left lower (17 inches) and that did not work. The left lower bar was in the bottom hole and we put that bar up an inch on the birdcage( we have been putting that bar up on the birdcage all year when it gets slick and seems to work.) Started 4th and ran 5th. What about stiffing up the left rear spring to a 250lb? Would that give us more drive coming off? Just looking for suggestions.

Droping the RR upper bar will help center off,sometimes a softer RR spring will help and sometimes it takes away side bite if you need help all the way around the corner in the slick droping both right side bars 1 hole maybe what you need and again when you get your drive problem fixed it may take a softer RF spring,I don't think going to a stiffer LR spring is what you want to do in the slick.have you tried indexing the LR birdcage against the spring more?If you have room to move your pullbar toward the drivers side on top of the rearend this should make a noticable change from center off.Are you increasing LR bite when it gets slick and last but not least are you getting beat with gear?

When we started out this year we had an 18" 175 in the left rear. The car was good for qualifying but when the heats came we started backing and then in the feature we just a field filler it was junk, no drive. We put the 225 in the left rear and the is still fast in qualifying ( top 5) and the heat race is fast, but when the feature comes we loose a little and we don't have the drive. Thats why I thought maybe put a 250 in it. We have the pullbar over an inch. We have tried moving it more but the driver did not like it. We run 85 lbs of bite and we move the left lower up on the birdcage adds 45 lbs, so about 130lbs for the feature. Gear we had an 5.88 and turned 8300 so we backed down to 6.03 and Saturday we turn 7700. We have tried up to a 6.28.

i ran a 225 in my Lr and Liked it.i never ran that much bite,but thats really Just Personal Preference.What tires you on? what shocks you got on.I liked the BSB Black Package the best!

Back