Springfield Mile

pkracer

pkracer
How big a car count does everyone expect this year at the mile? Seems like every year it gets smaller and smaller.

Engine costs are only going up so money is a HUGE factor. I'd love to see some local businesses and media in the area support more of the central Illinois racers so they could have a little extra money and compete in the Fall Nationals. Another concern is, in fact, safety. All races are dangerous so that isn't the concern but some drivers who opt to lean on people going in to turns at the mile like they are at their local bullring are scary. It is closely monitored and I know everyone takes necessary precautions but it's just a matter that people need to respect one another out there and the best man will win.

This year the race in WV and the fact some guys are running for points/winners circle money and it's tough to make the haul back will keep some away who want to be there.

23-27 cars I would guess in the LM division

your right michelle. and bill fry told me once a few years ago that a mile will separate the men from the boys the miles will get your attention with the speed going into the turns.

Back