sprint feature

iluvracing

Not sure why a few sprint car drivers who start on the pole intentionally do not push the gas pedal when taking the green flag to start the race. This causes mass confusion behind them (which I am surprised #8 did not get hit in the rear end) and as a result, AJ Bruns got the bad end of this start. I think if the pole sitter chooses to not push the gas pedal to start the race and cause a caution, the pole sitter should be sent to the back. This is a very expensive sport and I do not understand why this is allowed. Should there be a minimum speed to prevent this from happening? The car count is down low enough and I would hate to see more drivers quit.

The start of that feature was uncalled for. But it was nice to see a few new faces tonight. I dont understand why the car count is very low, this is the worst i have ever seen the car count and the crowed. I think the track better pull together and get somthing worked out to get some more cars cause this stuff isn't cutting it. We'll never get a big crowed with 12-15 sprints every week.

They need to give in and run ASCS stuff and go to 360's. I know it's an open engine rule and that it's possible for a top 360 to beat a 410 at Farmington, but as a general rule, I think you would see the car count go up. Why does that Mark Shirshekan (spelling?) drive from Farmington to run at LAke of the Ozarks in a 360? He looked good at Pevely

The polesitter sets the pace and starts the race. He has the right to set the pace as slow or as fast as he wants, and to get on the gas when he wants. The guy on the outside has to follow suit. Of course when they get out of turn four the race is on regardless, however last night the outside row had taken off before they came out of turn four, thus the #8 car had no obligation to start. The aftermath was bad as you hate to see anyone get there equipment torn up, but it was just a racing incident. That is part of the game and drivers know it is gonna bite you every once in awhile.
Derek

Pole sitter sets the pace. If he or she chooses to start slow thats their right. If everyone behind them decides to get on the gas early thats their fault for running into one another.

WHAT i meant in my comments is i don't stand around the pill draws and see the line ups being made.I simply am not there.I do not think or feel something wrong is going on.I simply cannot comment intelligently about something i don't know anything about.I PERSONNALLY know the couple doing the pill draw and feel we are very lucky to have them.My thoughts were leaning toward race tracks in general.Not Farmington.We have some of the best racing around anywhere.I realize not everybody gets to travel around some.Trust me we are blessed.Timimg in puts your fast guys on the front.Always has,always will.Some cars getting a good starting position now can kiss that goodbye.Our track prep is unbelieveably good almost every week.Travel around.Alot of tracks you can't hardly see the cars for the dust.They have big holes week after week.The crowds are not smaller than ever before.The crowds are always smaller around the time school starts.Most tracks have seen a large drop in crowd.We have not.Some tracks are shutting down.We are not.Cars? I heard one driver was at the Lake.The 3 7 cars had a track open up at Doniphan Mo..The 2 car wrecked at Pevely.Rod Crabdree should be racing this weekend. 606 driver works every other weekend. Bales is not racing because it could cost him his job to get hurt for the next few weeks. Robbie Standrige tore his car up pretty bad. Tommy Worley i assume isn't racing but i'm not sure.Adams is coming back.He hasn't been racing.You never know what Hull's going to do.It is not all gloom and doom.Stand behind your track wherever you choose to go.They need us and i need somewhere to go.Do i agree with all the decisions at Farmington?? No Way !!But i do support the track and every driver there.Our Modified racing is WOW!!!!aS FAR AS THE PILL DRAW again i'm not there but again we are very lucky to have Jeff and Stacy at Farmington.They love racing and they aren't going to cheat for anybody.!I never had really thought about it but i've never heard a driver say anything bad about them.I am a firm believer that cheating will catch up with a track or people in general.I do not believe cheating people or tracks will survive.They are fooling theirselves.I hope our track or any other track wouldn't even dream about cheating but i also know it's not a perfect world. Again support a track or you won't have one to go to. My opinion usually has very little value but it's all i got that's my very own..LOL I realize after re-reading this,a person could read more into this than what i mean't.I had just read a few threads and was trying to respond all at once.I did it poorly and apologize if i offended anyone. May God Bless our track,drivers,officals, and workers.

The polesitter saturday night does that every time he is on the front now and then is different not every start he does. The outside car didnt jump the start cause pole car never attempted to take off.

If I remember correctly but on opening night the #8 car started on the front row inside and Joey Montgomery started on the outside. When they started Joey got a better jump and the #8 made no attempt to start, so they threw the yellow out. On the next restart the #8 took off earlier than the first start and went on to win. Thats a pretty good pattern to follow just don't go if somebody beats you on the start.

The car starting on the pole of a race has the right to set the pace of the start. It is his decision as to where to start, whether it be in the middle of turn 3 & 4 or not until he gets to the cone in turn 4. But here is a quote from the rule book, "1. Initial START will begin at white line between Turn Four and the main Flag Stand. You cannot pass until your car crosses the white line. All must complete 1 lap or complete restart will occur." There were 2 cars ahead of the polesitter before they ever got to the cone (or white line). No matter where the polesitter decides to excelerate, everyone must stay in their position until they get to the cone, and this did not happen last night. The flagman has not been calling back starts in which the cars are not side by side at the start, and the drivers know this so they push the issue. He knew that the start had been jumped and if he would have went at the cone that he would already be in 3rd place and the start would not have been called back, so he didn't go to get a side by side restart. When the accident happened in turn 2, all of those cars had already passed him. One of the drivers involved in the accident in turn 2 stated that he didn't see the yellow so he had not slowed down and spun which collected everyone else. I can tell you without a doubt that Steve never intended to have anyone tore up, he simply wanted a fair, side by side start, which he got on the second try! If he is gonna win or gonna get beat, he wants it all to be fair! All I ask, is before you get on here bashing a driver, please ask him why he did what he did because you will get an honest answer.

short does that crap all the time seriesly whats the point...also i think its been pretty peaceful without worley being there...

Mr. Wingman31

What is your deal with Tommy he is just as good as you are. Are you scared he going to come back and kick ***.

iam scared of worley coming back to kick *** lol right no just worried hes going to junk some one ealses stuff..heck every time he comes to farmington any more he junks a car for some body..

i dont understand why a lot of posts on here ends up eventualy (spelling) with someone bad mouthing someone else they way i look at it is if your gonna race no matter what class there is always gonna be the chance of someone at one point or another getting into someone else and tearing their car up if you want to keep your car in perfect shape keep it in the garage at home

pole setter sets the pace, it is up to the outside car stay up with them, if that car doesn't stay up with car then the race should start. that is racers etiquette..... but it is up to the flag man to decide to start or not.... it all about who is on their game . chris

drop the sprint cars down to 360. then have ascs,uscs or sprint invaders come through a couple times a year. People will pay 30 bucks to get in to see 35-40 drivers which a majority of them being drivers who could win. people would pay the money to see gary wright, shane stewart, jason johnson, travis rilat and so on. I hate to say it but it seems like everything is 360 now. i mean yeah you got the outlaws and allstars but check out all the 360 series there is and there's quite a few around the midwest. so why not go 360? whats the hold up? there would be alot more cars on saturday nights. as for the modifieds I cant complain at all about them other than yeah more mods would be great. but it never fails the mods always put on a great show at SFCR. So to sum it up, go to 360 in the sprint cars, have some series's come to the track. i bet we'd all be suprised the amount of sprint cars thatd be in the pits if sfcr went 360. its just an idea...

Back