Sprint tire rule

F5 Racer

Looking for a ride!
Is there any possible way of going back to hoosiers instead of Goodyears so people who run Jacksonville and MOWA do not have to buy more tires? I would think the car count would get better. Just a thought. Thanks

Is there any possible way of going back to hoosiers instead of Goodyears so people who run Jacksonville and MOWA do not have to buy more tires? I would think the car count would get better. Just a thought. Thanks
Not sure if Jacksonville will be open next year.Almost everybody else runs Goodyears.Tire bills at Farmington are ridiciusly low for most drivers at Farmington.Tim Montgomery won the Queens Royale on his 3rd new right rear this year.I'm constantly hearing drivers complain about putting new tires on every night.That may be the track.I don't know how much that has to do with Hoosiers.I don't care what tire is run but i do care about keeping cost down.I guess the drivers can make that call.

i believe the reason their havin to put a new right rear on every weekend has to do alot with the track ... cause they are burning of the right rear due to the track drying out and gettin rubber laid down

as far as tracks running different brands .. i think that all the tracks in close states should get to and decide on which tire to run so that way the car counts at all the tracks would be higher and then more fans would show ... thus more money for payouts for bigger races and for the track maintenance ... but thats just me

Goodyear tires are junk. they last only one night of racing. Hoosier tires last about 5 to 6 maybe 7 nights of racing. So what do you guys want to go with for 2012.

Back