Sprinters at F'town Friday

racerboy

Jason Keith
It looks like there will a few sprintcars at Fredericktown Raceway on this coming Friday. Hopefully we will put on a good show for the fans, and possibly get to run in a full program in the future. Come on out and enjoy.

Wooooooooooohoo Alright!!!

Racerboy Have Your Dad Supervise The Track Preprations <in His Spare Time> This Week.

Tell Him To Let The Garden / Lawn Go...(your Moms Flowers Can Have 1 Week Of Good Growth)!!!!

Laffin ...he Owes Me One!!!

One Of My Co's Are A Proud Sponsor Of This Event So Lets Get It Right....

See You Fri Nite @ The Rock. We Will Save You A Space Next To The Dwarf Cars.

If the track is anything like this last friday it will be awesome. What a fabulous job preparing the track. keep up th good work and goodluck with the sprints. I believe this is a must, for the track, to show them this can happen more and maybe it can be an added class on fridays next year.

HOW ARE WE COMING ON "SPONSORS" FOR FRIDAY NITE SPRINT EVENT? Does anyone know??????????????

I have talked to couple of small co's so we will see.......

Yes we did Millsey .......it went west then south of the office. I was scared!!
Constant roar to the west / south of us. Last year one touched down 1/2 east of me then 1/2 south of me.

I didn't really hear tho of any bad damage tho. We did have some hail but, not alot.

Lucked out again!!!

How are we doing on sponsorship of the Sprinters have you heard anything?????

i personally think it's neat their having sprint cars, but...i am not quite sure on how the heck theyre even going to b e able to pick up speed on the raceway. i mean there's no way they can go half the speed they do at SFCR, f'town is too small.Look at the modifieds when their out there and there's about 12-15 of them, theyre all congested up and beating and banging and alot of cars get torn up. and i think there's like 10 sprint cars coming down there. I just don't think it's going to be someting spectacular. but don't get me wrong it will be neat to see them at f'town raceway. maybe they'll suprise me.

While I was pleased to hear the sprints may visit, wasn't it first mentioned (last Friday night) as a "demonstration" or "exhibition"? I guess I was a little surprised they were coming since a thread not so long ago said sprints didn't come to the Rock due to the lack of a catch fence. I'm thinking it may be an appearance geared more to generate interest in sprint car racing than an actual full-on race. Either way, I hope the rain stays away and this comes off. I'd love to see sprints on the track, get a few photos, etc.

i agree with you. i didn't know if they were really going to race or not. but like i said it is neat there's gonna be sprints at the rock.

This is one of those events I had nothing to do with. Sprints at Fredericktown scares me. I know the power of these wonderful machines and I know what I've seen in the past. Maybe they will surprise all of us (for the good!).

Awwwwwww Millseyyyyyyyy loosen up ......You know "The Rock" has the reputation of pushing it to the edge!!

Think how fast 20+ late models went around that track.
Powers, Geisler, and Kennedy had to been pushing 80+ miles per hour down there few weeks ago.

Only one I ever seen danglin on that back wall was poor ole "Swifty"....lol
Remember that?????????? Laffin I will never forget that one. A pole he high centered on the back wall was all that was holdin him. He would dangle to the left, dangle to the right. Pense had to bring a crane to get him off.

Them Sprinters will be on good behavior!!! <laffin>

the sprints

you havn't been to jacksonville. fredricktown is bigger than jacksonville raceway. and they fly around there. they will put on a good show. oooohhhh yyyaaaa!!!!!!!!! :cool:

My Point ........

I dont think anyone is doubting that the Sprints will put on a good show. I personaly believe it is a safety issue. That is a long drop off the back stretch and there definatly is no fencing to protect the fans if one comes through the fence. LeaDonna

LD is exactly right... I'm just safety concerned... The area I'm particularly concerned about is turn four there in the grandstand area... I'm probably worrying about nothing, but that's my humble opinion... I will tell you this though, I wouldn't sit there.

Mills, sounds like you are doubting the ability of the drivers. I was over there Monday night and on a dusty track turned some decent times. So can please we try and enjoy this event.

racerboy said:
Mills, sounds like you are doubting the ability of the drivers. I was over there Monday night and on a dusty track turned some decent times. So can please we try and enjoy this event.
It's not your abiliaty it's... as you know what can happen during a race.... :eek: I'm sure it will go good though!

Its gonna be a pleasure to watch sprints fly at "The Rock"! Who are the 10 drivers that are bringing their fire breathing, mudslinging rockets out tomorrow night?? I will be there for sho!!!

Back