Sprints return to the Bootheel?

Dirty_Racer

Ive heard a few rumors that Auto Tire & Parts Speedway in Benton,MO is going to start up strong next yr. having sprints on there schedule. I cant seem to locate the promoters from this yr. ,to verify this.But I was just curious if anyone else has heard the rumor and if its fact or as i said just a rumor.

i haven't heard that yet, what do you think about that track, it's a little rough i think. Keep us updated on that i would like to know, thanks.

Dirty Racer

I dont know if you have attended this track but i must agree with mini mull ha8ter. It will need alot of track work in order to become a Sprint track. That track seems to have a curse on it..... LOL I dont know if it is location or what but they can never seem to get the fans in the seats. But, i have not heard anything about that.... LeaDonna

i loved watching the sprints at benton...track was always nice and tacky, but it made for some REAL bad ruts. it looked quite dangerous from the stands...LOL

ive heard guy webb from a few people abput him starting it back up next year and running sprints on friday nites

If that is true Bud Man, Guy Webb would be a great man for the job. He has the resources and knows enough people to make the track a success. I personally love the track, even though we've never had an once of luck there. I think they need to get some clay on there and get rid of some of the gumbo sticky crap that makes for the huge ruts and torn up sprint cars. The track is close enough to enough people that it can be a success if run correctly.

Fingers and toes crossed

I agree with getting rid of the gumbo and putting clay in place.Benton was an awesome track when it 1st opened,but as with everything,if you dont sink some money in to it to maintain it,it wont last.Benton was a super fast track and had great attendance from fans,but then Woolsey got rid of track and let in a person that didnt know squat about maintaining a race track and now Benton fans have wondered elsewhere to watch races because of disgust.I'm not sure why Benton fans left for sure ,I moved to Memphis in 96 and have just recently returned.Me and my father ,An x sprinter,went to Benton a few times before they closed this yr.Very depressing to see so few cars and seemed like more cars than fans in the seats:( I truly hope they do open back up with racing on Fri. nites,so i can make it to sfcr on Sat nite.All i can say is the next person in promoting the track I hope has a good idea of maintaining the track and getting the fans back in the seats,wont happen over nite,but a little time and it can be the way it was when it 1st opened!

Back