spyware on this site :(

aq2

Ich Liebe Aschenbahnrenne
the IE plugin downloadable popup on this site has the bargain buddy which is a nasty spyware -it stills your browsers,and installs programs without your contsent and tracks everthing you do when your on the internet

if you need a spyware remover use this one http://www.safer-networking.org/

Thanks for the link. I noticed the spyware just before reading your message. Can't stand thes things!

DONT KNOCK THE POP UPS

Don't be bashing JIMMY Ds pop ups,thats what keeps this site going,at $.05 a pop he ain't getting rich but it pays the bills,like he says BANDWIDTH ain't FREE,,,,so quit griping and get a pop up stoper,,,,,,

I try to keep the spyware ads off.. Sometimes they sneak them in and I have to manually deselect them.

Don't worry racer1946, I'll have user paid section on the site soon with no advertising.

Re: DONT KNOCK THE POP UPS

Originally posted by racer1946
Don't be bashing JIMMY Ds pop ups,thats what keeps this site going,at $.05 a pop he ain't getting rich but it pays the bills,like he says BANDWIDTH ain't FREE,,,,so quit griping and get a pop up stoper,,,,,,

not i was bashing no one .i just post to let ppl know that there was spyware and not to click yes on it like i done.i have been working on removeing the registry for over an hour now. the spybot finds it removes it and as soon as i get on the internet the registry it shows right back up :mad: ... i do have a popup blocker but that %#%#@! got pass my popup blocker i ment to hit no but pushed yes instead .now if i can get it out its going to cost me $45.00 to get the registry out,if i cant get it so yea im not happy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

if you have download that IE plugin theres a hidden program called "look2me" it was that registry i was talkin about in the early post .the reason i couldnt remove that registry cause the program was not letting me.

heres the name of the look2me driver name :: msg117.dll <---thats virus it was alot to remove it i started about 8:30 or so its now 12:05 and i have just got it all out

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/look2me/index.phtml

this web-site help me out. its best too Manual removal cause you now it all out of your pc.
just thought i would pass this along if anyone has it. thanks

I never D/L any IE plugins, my answer is always no. Almost all of that comes with some sort of spyware built in, thats really the only reason most of that stuff is created in the first place, to load spyware into your machine.

Oh yes, and I had Spybot S&D for a while, just checking it out since there was so much raving about it. Yes, it will clean out known spyware code, but you will have to conitinually monitor the site for updates. And the most annoying thing? The Spybot S&D resident message that pops up in the middle of your screen each and every time it senses a cookie, and that you have to click on each and every time to continue. It was far more annoying than popups any day. Maybe there was some setting you could change to stop that from happening, but for what little it did, I just removed it. Sure, I get cookies, but I scan my system using adaware and remove cookies with Norton Utilities about once every week or two. Works just fine, and its far less hassle. So what, I have a cookie for a week, big deal.

The stuff I dont want are the bots, and I never get those, simply because I NEVER DOWLOAD THE POPUP PLUGINS! ;) If something gets downloaded, its because I went looking for it, found it, and told my machine to do it, not because it popped up on my screen and asked me to download it.

Sometimes clicking NO to the download installs it anyway , that is one way they still get you , They are not just asking they WANT that on your machine no matter what it takes !! Try to close the window instead of answering yes or no to pop up , if it won't close then that is a clue that answering NO will install it anyway WATCH OUT !!

"The Spybot S&D resident message that pops up in the middle of your screen each and every time it senses a cookie, and that you have to click on each and every time to continue."

my don't, you might have an older verison of spybot S&D

It was quite a while ago when I used Spybot, maybe they changed it, or maybe it was just some setting on preferences I could have changed. Either way, I dont really have too many spyware issues. Glad to hear some other people have had good luck with it.

Back