SSFS Tentative 2004 Schedule Released

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
The calendar has yet to be flipped to 2004, but the wheels are already in motion for a year to remember at Sedalia's State Fair Speedway. New promoters Earl and Susan Walls met with the media on Saturday, December 13, and an electricity was in the air when discussing the new racing season. "I just felt this was something I had to do." stated Walls when asked why he would undertake the direction of SSFS when already guiding Warrenburg's Central Missouri Speedway. "We are going to have a good quality show for the fans. The show is what they come to see and we are going to keep it moving." added Walls.

The season will kick off with two Test & Tune dates on April 4 & 11 for drivers to come and shake down their cars in preparation for the season opener on April 23. This will kick off an aggressive 16 race schedule that includes the weekly showing of WOW 360 Sprint Cars, Mighty Modifieds, and Street Stocks. Limited Late Models and Dwarf Cars will also make their appearance on the Historic 1/2 on three seperate occasions throughout the season. Additionally, those three nights will also see $1000.00 added to the Street Stock purse as a bonus to those drivers. The return of the O'Reilly World of Outlaws is also on tap for the coming year with stops on April 16 as well as July 2.

"We know that it's going to be tough, especially this first year, but we're going to do everything that we can to get people back into the stands." continued Walls. "I've been asked about the late models and what is going to happen to them. Actually, I'm a big fan of the late models, but the car count just didn't justify having them. Hopefully we can do something with them in the future."

Fans and drivers will also notice several changes when they make their way to the track - first of which is an upgraded concession menu. "We're bringing in two big smokers, one for the pits and the other for the grandstands. We're going to have the same menu that we do at CMS which we're very happy with."

A rules meeting has been set for Saturday, January 24, on the Missouri State Fair Grounds in the MEC building. Doors will swing open at 9:00 am with the rules meeting set to begin at 10:30. This first 1 1/2 hours is set aside to allow drivers to register for the 2004 racing season. The registration fee will be $50.00 if done prior to February 17 and will go to $60.00 after that.

For more information contact the Sedalia's State Fair Speedway track office from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at (816) 229-1338.

2004 Tentative Shedule

April 4 Test & Tune #1 - 1:00 pm Gates open at 11:00 am
11 Test & Tune #1 - 1:00 pm Gates open at 11:00 am
16 World of Outlaws
23 Opening Night - All Three Classes
30 All Three Classes
May 7 All Three Classes
14 All Three Classes
21 All Three Classes
30 Special $1,000.00 added to Street Stock Purse + Modified, Dwarf Cars, 360 Sprints, & Limited Late Models
June 4 All Three Classes
11 All Three Classes
18 All Three Classes
25 All Three Classes
July 2 World of Outlaws
4 Special $1,000.00 added to Street Stock Purse + 360 Sprints, Dwarf Cars, & Limited Late Models
9 All Three Classes
16 All Three Classes
23 All Three Classes
30 All Three Classes
August 6 All Three Classes Points Championships
22 Special $1,000.00 added to Street Stock Purse + Modified, Dwarf Cars, 360 Sprints, & Limited Late Models
28 AMA Flat Track Nationals
September 3 Open for Specials
5 Open for Specials
10 Open for Specials

Sad to see the State Fair Speedway Late Models dropped. I thought the car count was pretty good and real competitive every night I was there. What's with the sprinters getting all the glory in Central Missouri? With the the new Lake Ozark speedway featuring sprinters, the closure of Capital Speedway and the differing rules between UMP, MLRA and MARS Late Models, the late model guys are going to have to tow out of Central Missouri and fans are going to have to drive further. With dirt Late Model racing rising to national prominence, this is a bad move.

Back