st. charles police

20rocks

channel 4 news says they are running a checkpoint out near I70 tonight and will be getting a search warrant for drawing blood for suspected drunks.If you refuse to blow they have a judge on call to get a search warrant for a blood sample.they are steamrolling our rights more and more every day.

Rights.... you want to talk about rights?!!?

channel 4 news says they are running a checkpoint out near I70 tonight and will be getting a search warrant for drawing blood for suspected drunks.If you refuse to blow they have a judge on call to get a search warrant for a blood sample.they are steamrolling our rights more and more every day.

Since when is it a right to drink and drive? There needs to be more of this, drinkers have got to be responsible. I'm sure you would feel different if someone you knew was killed or hurt by a drunk driver.

I say do what you got to do to keep the drunks off the road. It really isn't that big of a deal. If you are pulled over and they think you have been drinking when you haven't been then there is no reason to not blow. And you would be much better off i am sure if you do the breathe test instead of making them get a search warrant. Just gunna affect those drunk drivers that think they are superman and can drive just fine while plastered. There should be no complaining about the situation. There is a simple and i mean very simple way to avoid this...."DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!!" It is not that hard. Really it isn't.

Tom

the way the law is written you refuse and lose your license,they are going to forcefully take blood from anyone who refuses a breathalyzer,so if they sit outside a racetrack every weekend and do this it will be alright?btw I am not someone who gets drunk then drives but this is not right.

Yeah if they sit outside a track, a bar, a ballgame whatever it may be then yeah it is ok. If you are intoxicated it doesn't matter where you are coming from. If you got behind that wheel and are driving you deserve anything you get. Have a designated driver or drink smart. You may still enjoy a cold one as long as you give yourself time let it wear off or as long as you don't down 4 tall boys a hour. You can still enjoy a drink as long as you are smart about it. But if you are totally **** faced then i have no sorrow for you when you get busted no matter where it is. If you are drunk then don't deny it. You aren't fooling the cops. And if you aren't drunk then no reason to deny it too. It will be your fault and only your fault if you have a needle poking you in your arm for some blood. If someone is man enough to drink and drive while drunk then they should be man enough to accept the DUI for there stupidity. J/M/O

Tom

I think the point here is that they are overstepping their legal boundaries, btw I have no tolerance for drinking and driving and would dial 911 in a heart beat, but the law is the law not to be manipulated by anyone.

Yeah, where do those cops get off trying to deter our rights to get completely, irresponsibly smashed and then go out and kill young married couples, children, entire families, etc? Why, this is like communist Russia! They should have the hammer and sickle on the side of their cars for taking away our God-given right to behave like frat boys and then destroy the lives of others.

Thank you, sir, for your warning. We should all be thankful to good Americans such as yourself for standing up for our freedoms.

where is it written in the law that they can take blood samples at a roadside checkpoint if you are in an accident they can but at a checkpoint is ridiculous.if you refuse you lose your license anyway.the blood thing is bull****.

where is it written in the law that they can take blood samples at a roadside checkpoint if you are in an accident they can but at a checkpoint is ridiculous.if you refuse you lose your license anyway.the blood thing is bull****.

They can do a blood check if there is reasonable suspicion. Where is it written that drinking and driving is a "right"? I find it interesting that you're so vehement in your defense of drunk drivers. Maybe you don't remember, but there was quite a few fatalities a couple months back in IL. They happened pretty near Gateway and we've run into some of the friends and families of those who were killed. How about I introduce them to you and you can argue your theory of what's right and wrong to them? I'm sure they would absolutely see your side of it...

Fine by me, Maybe they can catch a few drug addicts too.

Should the cop be able to draw the blood?? I mean we all know they have vast medical knowledge and have been formally trained:rolleyes:

Should the cop be able to draw the blood?? I mean we all know they have vast medical knowledge and have been formally trained:rolleyes:

It is my understanding that in a situation like that, an EMT or other medical professional is used.

I agree completely....the darn drunks have been taking away our right to reasonable safety on the roads. Good Deal!!! I wish more of this type of law enforcement would take place around here!!!!:D

skippy

for your info I used to work with Lindsey Arnold who was killed by the guy with the corvette.if the sec of state wouldn`t give plates to people without a license that girl would be alive right now.

Are we really arguing over this? If you don't want blood drawn, then BLOW!!! The only people who would refuse to blow are the drunks. Atleast they will draw blood to prove guilt. In illinois, refusal to blow is considered an admission of guilt.

I have an idea since drinking is so bad maybe they should bring back prohibition and outlaw cigarettes while they are at it.it wouldnt bother me if there were no alcohol.

for your info I used to work with Lindsey Arnold who was killed by the guy with the corvette.if the sec of state wouldn`t give plates to people without a license that girl would be alive right now.

oh; so it's the states fault that they gave/sold this guy plates for a corvette purchase? grow up, dude...as i remember, the guy falsified info on the application at the used car dealer and was granted temporary plates (as is standard procedure), and thats what he was driving on when the crash occured. also, the used car dealer was also charged for the above, for not checking. all of you guys out there that defend drunk drivers make me sick, truly. it also tells me that you (probably) have done or do this(drink and drive) often enough that you think it's not a problem. as been stated before, what about the rights of the other drivers' out there who have a reasonable expectation to go here or there without getting ran over by a drunk? i have no tolerance or sympathy for people like that. like fireball says..."if i make you mad, THEN GOOD!!!!

And yet you still feel drunk drivers should have "rights"...

fact=if you have money and buy a car you can get plates on the car.it also says you need insurance to get plates.the sec of state does not verify this.you can write a few numbers down to rep an ins policy.if they required you to have a valid drivers license to get plates people driving on revoked or suspended licenses would not get plates.dont say there is too much work they make you wait three days for a gun purchase and do a thorough background check for that.alot of the cases in which someone is killed by a drunk driver the drunk driver does not have a license in the first place.

Back