St. Charles Speedway ?

Hello Forum Members,

Im new to the forum and heard this is a great place to get information. I grew up going to St. Charles Speedway on Sunday nights and was only 13 when they shut it down for good. I have alot of fond memories of the place as it is where I became addicted to watching dirt track racing. My question for everyone, is there anyone that sells or know of someone who sells St. Charles Speedway memorabilia? Tshirts, signs, programs, etc. I would love to have a piece of this history. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

CharlieBowlFan

As far as I know there is none going around. I get to several tracks throughout the yr and have never seen anything out there! Was a great track and seen some of the best races of my life there!

if you want to see some of the old orignal cars from the 60-70's that ran there go to gateway vintage site or come see them
race live this year well bring back some memories for you. 37 chev coupe w big block,51 henry j w big block ford dwight barbeau's restored last year,this year ray ebys willys coupe w big block chevy,65 chevlle from lake hill days and many more
hope to see u there lil joe

Search facebook for the "Remembering St. Charles Speedway" facebook page. Someone there might be able to help.

charliebowl picture

i will try to attach it,,from 1999 tn.jpg

Well my dad loved the place and we ran the very last event there. Let me tell you.......it was a blast!! Ive never seen so many cars at 1 track in my life. We raced till 4 or so the next morning. Mike Hammerle put on a whale of a show and i was in the middle of the track to watch it first hand!!

i was there with my late model,,last LM to cross under the checkered flag that night,,actually,did the same at godfrey and lake hill,,darn,i been racin to dang long

Back