Stacker 2 M.a.r.s. Southwest Missouri Double Header This Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Ben Shelton
Batesville, Arkansas (August 23rd, 2005) – After a few weeks off the stars and cars of the Stacker 2 Mid America Racing Series (M.A.R.S.) will roar back into action as they thunder through the Ozark Mountains with a double header this weekend.

With six events remaining in the 2005 campaign, 2004 Stacker 2 M.A.R.S. Champion, Terry Phillips (Missouri) leads the point standings. Jack Sullivan (Arkansas), Wendell Wallace (Arkansas), Jeff Floyd (Arkansas), and Justin Wells (Missouri) round out the current top five in series’ points and will all be looking to try and make up ground in the point’s chase this weekend. In addition, to being in the top five in points, Justin Wells continues to maintain a slim advantage over Dane Dacus in the Rookie of the Year standings. Other drivers expected to possibly be in attendance at this Saturday’s event include Steve Rushin, Joey Mack, Bill Frye, Jordan Jones, Dewaine Hottinger, Brandon McCormick, Dustin Mooneyham, and many more Super Late Model Stars of the Midwest.

Night #1 of the double header will find the M.A.R.S. competitors invading Bolivar Speedway in Bolivar, Missouri on Friday, August 26th to battle for a $3,000 top prize in the 2nd Annual Missouri Dirt Track Championship. This event was originally slated to pay $2,500 to win, but promoter Randy Mooneyham opted to increase the purse to show support for the drivers and fans. Gates are scheduled to open at 5:00 at the Bolivar Speedway, with hot laps set for 7:00 and racing at 8:00. The track is located 3 miles south of Bolivar on State Road 13 to County Road "U", then west to frontage road. Go .3 miles south, then .5 miles west.

Night #2 of the double header will find the M.A.R.S. competitors rolling into I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri on Saturday, August 27th for a $3,000 to win feature event. Gates are scheduled to open at 4:30pm at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway, with hot laps set for 6:45 and racing at 7:30. The track is located 6 miles northeast of Lebanon on I-44 to exit 135 (Sleeper exit). Go north to outer drive, then west 1.1 miles on historic Route 66 (frontage road).

Tickets are priced the same at both tracks, with adult tickets priced at $15.00 and junior tickets are $5.00, and 12 years of age and under are free. Both tracks have backstretch tier parking, where fans can enjoy the races from the comfort of their own cars. Those prices are $20.00 for adults, and $5.00 for juniors. Pit passes will be $30.00 each night.

Information about the Bolivar and Lebanon I-44 Speedway can be found at the Monett Speedway website at http://monettspeedway.tripod.com/

For more information on the series visit the official website of the Stacker 2 Mid America Racing Series at www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Back