Staging Violation?

Someone please tell me what the heck is a staging violation. Rodney Melvin had to go to the back of his heat race due to a staging violation. Even mike said this was a first to him. Melvin was one of the first cars on the track for the heat race. Someone please explain this to me. Im really confused!!

I'm sorry, but I got a real giggle out of that call. He came out first but was slated to start on the outside front row. Maybe he was supposed to come out second. Hell, I don't know. LOL

Yeah, I agree the staging violation thing was a little silly, unless there is something we don't know. Also I didn't agree with the call of puting Shirley to the back in the feature. Yeah he took Kiefer out, but Shirley never stopped and I thought the rule was that if you keep going you don't lose your spot. Otherwise, Tom Seets Sr. should have been put to the back in the heat when he spun out in front of the field and caused two others to spin to avoid him. That LM Feature was gonna have one heck of a finish. Oh well, the track was awesome and bad fast. Good two lane racing and great car count.

Isn't the rule if you cause the yellow, you go to the back, whether it is a lap car or not??? If that's the rule, then the right call was made... I doubt Kiefer would have spun totally out all by himself.

the staging violation was because he was late getting to staging and he was first on the track cause he drove around everybody

It states in the rules on tricity's website, you must be in staging 2 races in advace. I wasn't there so I don't know whether he was or wasn't but thats the rule.

shirley

we went to fling j last night and keifer even admited that he had some kinda break troubles and cut across brians nose so shirley did not just dump him yes track was god and fast but i in jmo thought the call was wrong but you will have that in racing and what about most of them nhra guys not only were they happy to just be there they stuck around hung out and are some really super people.

When I ran staging there you had a time limit to be in staging, if you were not there by three minutes after the last call, you were going to the tail, no matter who you are. You can't hold the lineup up because of one guy. Rules are rules, if you don't know them then I suggest going to a driver's meeting...

I can understand if all the cars was on the track ready to go and then he pops out there but he was the first car on the track! I understand rules are rules but i do think that is a really silly rule.

if you dont have rules like this,some teams will **** all over ya.
actually, i think 55 might oughtta look at something like this.
theres always someone there dragging thier feet and getting on the track late.

if you dont have rules like this,some teams will **** all over ya.
actually, i think 55 might oughtta look at something like this.
theres always someone there dragging thier feet and getting on the track late.
You said getting on the TRACK late. Melvin was not on the track late. In fact he was first! I understand being on the track late but to be in STAGING late. Come on give me a break. What a joke.

Back