stl area racing community lost another great man today

bandit1881

M. Austin #81
It is with great sadness that I say Bill Tucker passed away this morning at 2:30 am. Bill has been a racer,owner, fan, and supporter of the sport for a long time and he will be missed dearly. His son Chuck raced for a while and is now the car owner for the 56 modified that tom seets Jr drives....I will add showing and funeral information as I get it....

Wow so sad to here this. I have known Mr Tucker for many years. He was one of our biggest fans years ago when we raced at Godfrey. The Chevy dealership he worked at in Woodriver was a big sponsor of the Godfrey race track thanks to Bill. Condolences to Bill's wife and Chuck and his family.

Steve Baze - "555" Triple Nickel

Mr. Bill will be missed by many. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. We will miss him very much.

Brandy, John, Nicole, and Kirstin

We send our condolences to Bill's family. He was truly a gentleman and a great supporter of the sport. He will be missed.

Visitation for bill will be at Gents Funeral Home in Alton, I'll. Thursday from 4-8pm, and funeral service will be at Godfrey church of Christ on Humbert rd. at 10am Friday, followed by the burial at Val Hala cemetery....

True gentleman he was. Nice guy and a good support of this sport. He sold several cars to my dad over the years. He will be truly missed and prayers to the family as well as all of his friends............he had so many.

Back